RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Is there some hatred by S4 drivers for RS4's? . . .

Old 04-18-2007, 07:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there some hatred by S4 drivers for RS4's? . . .

I hestiated to bring this up, but it is not uncommon for other cars to try to race me or signal that they want to race me. I usually don't take the bait because those cars tend to be of the tuner Integra, VW, Tercel, Mini, Focus, BMW 328's, 350Z's, etc. I always figure they 'attack' because they think I am driving a regular 1.8 A4. I figure the Porsche's and other actually fast cars don't 'attack' because they think I am driving a regular 1.8 A4. Fine by me.

But that brings me to S4's. Now the occasoinal A4 will 'attack'? But twice now in the past week, an S4 (a B7 and B6) have 'attacked.' Now that is not abnormal. What is abnormal is that these two guys tailgaited me and I don't mean regular tailgaiting either, I mean right on my bumper tailgaiting, and at 80mph. Other cars have not done that. Both also drove agressively to pass and cut me off and that is without me responding to them yet. More agressive than fun play if traffic is safe. The guy yesterday tried to pass me on the shoulder. I could not move out of his way.

In both cases there were too many cars for me to respond in kind safely enough for my taste. In both cases I let them do their thing until things were clear and then tried to open it up some. Once I did, both decided to race, but I soon gave in once I saw they were driving like idiots. They were not trying to simply go faster than me and pass me. These guys targetd me, waited for me to catch and 'attacked' again and tried to cut me off or push me off my lane. WTF! A little play on open road is one thing, driving to hurt somebody is another.

So I let them both go. It is as if they were angry at me and I did nothing to incite anger other than driving 80 in the fast lane as all other cars were doing in front of me. I felt some hate here and while I never back off from a face to face fight, I do when I am in my car.

Is that just a coincidence or is there something here I am touching on? Do S4 owners have some hatred of RS4's because they are not turbo charged and so not 'classic' or for some other reason? I am not looking to get flamed by S4 owners or create tension between S4 and RS4 owners, since many people here have both cars, just a simple question. Quite honestly, I show S4's respect. Has anybody else experienced this with S4 drivers? What do all you S4 drivers think about this? Did I just get unlucky twice in 2 weeks.

The occasional S4 used to try to race my CLK55, which was not a close race they were always supprised to find, but they never drove this agressively. That makes me think it has something to do with the RS4.

And yes, this bothered me so much, I decided to post this question to see if I am alone in this experience(and I hope I am actually).
Old 04-18-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Is there some hatred by S4 drivers for RS4's? . . .

chalk it up to envy. i have an S4, and if i ever came up with an RS4, i might try to hang with him for awhile, but never pull the kind of crap that you're describing. sounds childish AND dangerous.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 AM

I drive an S4 and I have nothing but respect for the RS4...
Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

you should go ahead and delete this if you can. pretty silly.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Chalk those up to jealousy. I have nothing but the utmost respect for RS4's and their drivers.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 AM

Default I think it was just a coincidence, you ran into 2

a$$hats so close together.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Nah . . .

I don't have a problem if people think my posts are stupid. I can do stupid as good as the next guy.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default 2nd, Usually if I am pulling up to an RS4 it isnt to challenge it, its to catch a glimpse of a car..

I hope to own one day myself. And even if an S4 were to Tango with an RS, we know we don't stand a chance. it would only be in good safe fun.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Remember, there are no stupid questions...

only stupid people. :-p
Old 04-18-2007, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Just last night I had a car, as the tint was so dark I can't tell you who or what.......

was driving. They were tailgating so close that I couldn't see their grill. Every time I tried to switch lanes to get out of their way they would follow (mind you we were in traffic so there was no possibility of a race and I wouldn't participate in that nonsense anyway) ;-) . I finally slowed to turn right and they passed, I was relay surprised to see the four rings on the trunk of their car. I think it was an A4 but I can't be sure. That said I have never had that happen before and I will assume they were trying to take a camera phone pic. It was too close for my taste but I tend to ignore the ones (normally ricers) that drive too close and in an unsafe manner.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is there some hatred by S4 drivers for RS4's? . . .