RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

To those that have purchased a used rs4

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To those that have purchased a used rs4

I've been looking at prices for rs4s recently and they are down in the 40k-50k range. This is my dream car. My absolute dream car. Pretty soon I may be able to afford one! I was just wondering who here has gotten a used rs4 for the lowest price? It blows my mind that someday sooner than later I may be driving one of these beautiful monsters!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think depending on the mileage an 07 can be had for around 45k or less from a Audi dealership. Private sale should be even better. CPO about $1k-$2k more.
I think a used 08 can be had for low $50's. Keep looking around and be prepared to fly and pick it up. This is what I did and it was fun.

These prices are not estimates but reality when I bought mine in March.

Cheers

Nick
Old 04-12-2009, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

What car did you come from? And how are you liking your rs4?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I purchased a used 2007 w/ 11k miles for $43k. It also had HRE wheels, Stasis Ohlin suspension, Hotchkis sways, GMG exhaust, and according to the dealer and aftermarket clutch. I was lucky and purchased it from a BMW dealership who obviously didn't know much about the car and they simply wanted to get rid of it. Clean car-fax, clean dealer check so I couldn't pass it up. I got mine back in late January and its been absolutely amazing. I came from a 2006 Volvo S60R, which in its own right was an amazing car. I ended up selling it to a relative which worked out nicely so I still get to see the old Swedish brick from time to time I must say the S60R seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat it.

The RS4 though is really an amazing car and I've received nothing but compliments from other folks on the road (especially about the exhaust). Power, beauty, handling, luxury.....it fit my requirements perfectly and again with all those upgrades it was a **** steal!
Old 04-13-2009, 01:24 PM

Paid $39k last Sunday for an '07 w/34k miles (full milltek exhaust). Can't stop smiling. Do it. (still have an 02 S4 I bought new, and paid more for...)
Old 04-13-2009, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

last Nov:
mid 40's
no options
sunroof delete
Imola
1st owner was AoA
8500 miles
CPO'ed

the car is amazing
and I have a pretty solid reference point: M3's for the last 15+ years...
Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tekk
I purchased a used 2007 w/ 11k miles for $43k. It also had HRE wheels, Stasis Ohlin suspension, Hotchkis sways, GMG exhaust, and according to the dealer and aftermarket clutch. I was lucky and purchased it from a BMW dealership who obviously didn't know much about the car and they simply wanted to get rid of it. Clean car-fax, clean dealer check so I couldn't pass it up. I got mine back in late January and its been absolutely amazing. I came from a 2006 Volvo S60R, which in its own right was an amazing car. I ended up selling it to a relative which worked out nicely so I still get to see the old Swedish brick from time to time I must say the S60R seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat it.

The RS4 though is really an amazing car and I've received nothing but compliments from other folks on the road (especially about the exhaust). Power, beauty, handling, luxury.....it fit my requirements perfectly and again with all those upgrades it was a **** steal!
Did you have anything done to your R? I currently have a 2004 S60R and have almost everything short of a turbo upgrade. The RS4 felt like everything I wanted the R to be, but I'm still debating if the price difference is worth it...
Old 04-14-2009, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by legbend
Did you have anything done to your R? I currently have a 2004 S60R and have almost everything short of a turbo upgrade. The RS4 felt like everything I wanted the R to be, but I'm still debating if the price difference is worth it...
I had a bone stock R.

Brand new is the price difference worth it??? Absolutely not IMO. Yes the RS4 will easily outperform an S60R in almost every way but I remember you could get an R for low $40k's brand new even during the good economic times. The sticker price on my RS4 which apparently was purchased in mid 2007....$73k. Yikes!

The other problem with the R is you couldn't really upgrade the turbo without severly compromising the integrity of the overall engine. The internal components were just not meant to handle a ton more than the stock power output (at least from what I read on the forums for people who DID upgrade the turbo...they eventually had to replace the internal components). The RS4 is *****-out from the beginning.

So overall Im incredibly happy with the move and completely can justify the USED price I paid for the RS4. Again if it was new...hell no
Old 04-14-2009, 09:07 AM

Hi from a newbie. I have found a few on ebay for 50k and this is my dream car as well. Just need to save another 10k and I will be posting pics of my baby
Old 04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rs4master
Hi from a newbie. I have found a few on ebay for 50k and this is my dream car as well. Just need to save another 10k and I will be posting pics of my baby
Are you talking brand new? I hope so cause that price for a used one is waaaaay to high IMO. I shopped on ebay as well and about 95% or more of the RS4's for sale never went above $45k (used RS4's)

Quick Reply: To those that have purchased a used rs4