For those looking for an RS4

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those looking for an RS4

A couple weeks after being traded, my baby popped up here:
http://www.skymotorcars.com/web/used...vania/1227500/

For what it's worth I traded it for $34k at another dealer. Not sure what Sky Motorcars paid for it. They didn't have to put any work into the car, other than brakes. I'm assuming they did brakes b/c the car wouldn't pass inspection without new brakes.

Seeing this ad was weird for me. A bit like looking at an ex-girlfriend on Facebook. haha!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like a very well kept example.

Not looking forward to the day that I part with mine (also Daytona Grey) - no plans to at this stage though.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, it was a tough call. It was due for brakes, which we all know is a pretty big expense on these cars. So, if I was going to put even more money into the car (on top of a somewhat recent carbon cleaning), then I was going to commit to the car for another year at least. But my CPO warrant expired a few months back and although the car had been great, I was nervous about driving the car without a warranty.

Whenever I was in for service, I'd hear the service reps fighting with customers on the phone about aftermarket warranties. Most of them are pricey, and don't cover the things that are most likely to break. I didn't feel like shelling out cash for brakes and a warranty.

So in the end, I went back to the dark side, picked up a like-new CPO 335i and left with a 30 month warranty, fresh maintenance and cash in my pocket. Sure the 335 isn't quite the beast the RS4 was, but it's very quiet/refined and quick enough to get me in plenty of trouble. Finding a CPO 335i sedan, with 6MT and Navi was tough. There was only one for sale in the entire country at the time I was shopping and it just happened to be 10 miles up the road from me. So, I jumped on it.

It was hard to say goodbye to the RS4 though. I really, really enjoyed the 2+ years I owned the car.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spagolli94
...I was nervous about driving the car without a warranty.

Whenever I was in for service, I'd hear the service reps fighting with customers on the phone about aftermarket warranties. Most of them are pricey, and don't cover the things that are most likely to break. I didn't feel like shelling out cash for brakes and a warranty...
You're scaring me. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a non-CPO car. I was thinking aftermarket warranty (EnsureAll) but from what you're saying, this may not be so good...

What about Audi's Mechanical Breakdown Protection ? I'm not sure if this exists in the US but in Canada, you can add this to any used Audi that's less than 10 years old and has less than 100,000 miles.
I called my local Audi dealer for a quote.
They took my name and number and never called back - maybe a sign of the kind service I can expect... ??? The local Audi dealer has the market; there's no other Audi dealer's within 200 miles...
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not that familiar with the Audi-backed extended warranty and/or how comprehensive it is. From my understanding, only the CPO warranty is as strong as the original, the only difference is you have to pay an $80 deductible per each appointment. Kinda like a co-pay at the doctors.

From my understanding, non of the extended aftermarket warranties are really "bumper to bumper." Could be wrong though.

I wouldn't be too scared though. From my 2+ years with the RS4, it proved to be very reliable, so I didn't get to put my CPO warranty to much use.