RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

To those offended by my post this afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To those offended by my post this afternoon

I just want to clear a few things up. The first part being my apparent unclearness in the original post. I was not saying anything bad about his car. It was more something I was saying to myself about my car. Some got that, some didn't - and that was obviously my fault for not being clear. I'm not going to lie here, I love my car and I find it almost humorous that I am in a position to own it. For those of you that don't know me, I have been an AW member since at least 1999 and have owned 6 Audi's in a row. My first being a 1.8t and then working my way up the food chain to my current RS4. I have had the car for about two months now and still get goose bumps every time I walk into my garage in the morning. "Holy ****! There is an RS4 sitting there... and the key is in my pocket!" It's a great feeling and as much as I have loved all of my Audi's, this was the pinnacle to which I have aspired. When I had a 1.8, I wanted the 3.0. When I had the 3.0, I wanted the S4. When I had the S4, I wanted the RS4. Now I have it. I laughed because that guy was (in my very quick assessment) me two years ago. Whether he got the rims to look like and RS4 or because he thought they were the best looking rims money could buy is insignificant. And it still amazes me that I am lucky enough to have it. I hope that doesn't sound too pretentious, but that was the message I was trying to convey.

As for the other part... I think putting RS4 rims on an S4 is cheesy. Some agree, some don't. I have never made a big deal about it because it's really not that big of a deal to me. I think the same thing of people who put M badges on their cars or put AMG stuff on non-AMG cars (I do allow a little more slack on the AMG stuff becasye that is more of a brand look). The M3 mirrors were significant to that car just as I see the RS4 rims and fenders being significant to the RS4. You Put the CF trim on, the grill, exhuast, etc, no problem - but to me the rims and the fenders are unique to the RS4 and should stay that way. That's just my opinion. I don't really look down on those that do it. It's like mirrored tint on windows. I think it looks cheesy, but obviously the guy that bought it liked it and that's his prerogative. I would never walk up to the guy I saw and say, "Hey *******, you want the rims, buy the car" or anything like that. It's just a question of personal taste. I'm not going to apologize for my feelings and there is no sense in debating this back and forth because it's obviously a touchy subject and this is supposed to be a place where we can help each other, not hurt.

So if everyone else is cool, I say we let bygones be bygones and in the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"
Old 04-04-2007, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: To those offended by my post this afternoon

We can say "*******" on this board...awesome! All the cfb boards don't allow the word ******* but allow lots of *******s to post.

I like you because you have a RS4 and we're cool!
Old 04-04-2007, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I got you o, heh.. personally i loved that thread since it was slow at work today :) haha

I just think its funny that some unnamed class of people (s4 owners) are always so quick to jump all over any RS4 owner thread.. IM KIDDING ! relax.. have fun. hehe
Old 04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It was slow at work today, wasn't it - must be the weather. Those S4 guys are a little sensitive.

KIDDING - it was all in good fun until the ego's got in the mix.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

hahahaha
Old 04-04-2007, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default You're fine - relax, enjoy, have a nice cognac, light up a fine cigar.

This is what's expected from a proper RS4 owner
Old 04-04-2007, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well I'm still breaking it in. Tonight is Grand Marnier and a tasty Marlboro - but I'm getting there
Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 PM

LOL
Old 04-04-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Ahh, I see now

thanks for the clarification - my bad. LOL on your goose-bump reference. . . still happening to me daily and I'm at 4 months. What a beast!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

well, that's better than a glass of Ripple and some sherm.

Quick Reply: To those offended by my post this afternoon