RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Took my RS4 in for 5k service and dealer is going to keep it because "Audi is getting involved"

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Took my RS4 in for 5k service and dealer is going to keep it because "Audi is getting involved"

I've been getting TPMS faults for a while now. The tire pressures are fine but the DIS shows a crossed-out flat-tire symbol which means something is wrong with the TPMS itself as an actual flat tire would simply show a flat tire image that's not crossed out, according to the owner's manual.

This has become such an annoyance with that yellow crossed-out tire symbol taking residence on my DIS, and with my dealer being so far, for the last few months, I've simply resorted to "disabling" the TPMS via VAG-COM so I can at least have full use of my DIS until I could get the car in for the 5k service to address the TPMS issue at the same time.

So I get a call this morning and apparently, Audi wants to get involved and according to the dealer, will issue a TSB regarding this issue on my car. The dealer is still awaiting Audi's instructions on how to proceed with repair and said they're supposed to receive a response withing 24 hours by tomorrow afternoon.

pwned by a stupid tpms! I just want my car back dammit.... miss it already and if it's not fixed by tomorrow, I'm taking it back regardless and disabling the TPMS indefinitely and to hell with it.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default But you have an M5 to hold you over.. not a bad place to be :)

Best of luck in getting that bad boy fixed ASAP though!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default bummer. was this happening before you swapped wheels?

IIRC, that's when you first reported having TPMS issues?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default it's had a few faults even before I swapped in the wheels...

but I just thought it was because the TPMS was overly sensitive to seemingly minute pressure differences. I didn't realize then that the crossed-out flat-tire graphic actually meant the system was faulty.

I wish this thing had a passive tpms system like on my bmw.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

thanks, I'm really hoping they sort this out today
Old 10-19-2006, 08:10 AM

Default Larry had the same thing happen onmy 03 S8

It was occurring with the prior owner of my car and he just got fed up and turned it off. it being a new CPO car to me I was determined to have it fixed. It was after 3 visits one was a week where I got the use a Cayanne S for a week. End result was after calling the Audi Tech line, it was not a bad sensor in one of wheels, it was the control unit that the sensors shoot signals to. The part was replaced and then configured to the sensors and it has been perfect ever since. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Same thing happened on my allroad.

Dealer response was that the TPMS was being interfered with by other cars similar systems, gas stations, electrical signals, etc. Total BS.

This led to me disabling the TPMS. Then getting new wheels, then never usign it again.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Just to add another story...

I started getting that on my S4 a few months ago and finally though...doh!!! when's the last time I checked the air in the spare?? Sure enough, it was about 5-7 lbs low...I think. So, I thought I had fixed it. Nope.

Turns out, it was only happening when I drove on a certain stretch of highway on my way to work. As soon as I got to that point...beeeeeeeep. A couple miles down the road and it would go away.

After reading this post I have realized that it hasn't been an issue for quite a while now.

No real advice here but that is my experience with it.

Good luck.

Eric.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default UPDATE: still not fixed. they haven't figured it out yet... so I took my car back anyway...

and disabled the tpms for now. fvck it who needs it.

Maybe I'll just wait until the next scheduled service visit to let them take another crack at it, or try another dealer's service department. Truly disappointing that they couldn't figure out something as trivial as tire pressure sensors in the 3 whole days that it was there.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: UPDATE: Have they checked for TSB's?

Larry,

Have they corrected the problem yet? Do you have any issues with your satellite radio as well? We had an RS4 in about a month ago for the second time for a tpms light. Audi has released a TSB that could help you. Tell your dealer to check TSB # 2011760/1. It reads in part as follows:

Condition

Supersedes 91-06-08, Mar. 29, 2006

* Tire Pressure Monitoring System Warning Light is on.
* No Satellite Radio function with Audi Navigation Plus

Technical Background

The following Satellite tuners interfere with the Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) and DO NOT function at all with Audi Navigation Plus.

SIRIUS XM
8E0 035 593 New Part # 8E0 035 593 A
8E0 057 593 New Part # 8E0 057 593 A

Production solution

New Satellite Tuners were developed.

Please let us know how you make out. Our product support people are working on ANYTHING helpline contacts though at them ASAP on RS4 issues, and I mean that.

Quick Reply: Took my RS4 in for 5k service and dealer is going to keep it because "Audi is getting involved"