RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Trying to decide between a brand new RS4 and a 2006 911 C4S. Both would be daily drivers here in CO

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trying to decide between a brand new RS4 and a 2006 911 C4S. Both would be daily drivers here in CO

I would also get some kind of used truck/suv for hauling larger items and when the weather is bad in the winter. I currently drive a B6 S4 avant. I've driven both cars and they are completely different but in the end both achieve about the same performance numbers.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R&T Comparison Vid

<ul><li><a href="http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=7&amp;article_id=3675">http ://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=7&amp;article_id=3675</a</li></ul>
Old 03-22-2007, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

the RS4 is much better as a daily driver, IMO.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:14 AM

Let me guess RS4 Vs. CS4 and Bod W advice RS4 Winner SF.....
Old 03-22-2007, 08:46 AM

Default I live in Steamboat and I would definitely go for the RS4...

The versatility of having four wheel drive will allow you to drive the car all the time no matter what the road conditions are like. I was debating between the C55 and the RS4 I went with the RS4 for two reasons: manual tranny and all wheel drive. Go for the four, you won't regret it!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default the real decision: 4 doors/trunk vs 2 doors/glove box...

what it came down to for me was... I have a really nice truck, but don't always want to drive it when the weather is bad or when I need to haul passengers. This car is so fun and you'll miss it when you gotta hop in the SUV. It's also a blast to drive in the snow. I personally believe that these cars are meant to to be driven in all conditions, not just be a garage queen for sunny day use only. Driving the RS4 throughout this particularly substantial Colorado winter was a great experience. I've actually started to miss those incredible power slide days. Both are great cars, I just feel the RS4 will establish itself as the better decision once owned, driven and experienced.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I had a 2000 996 C2 and a Land Rover Discovery as my winter car.

I got tired of having 2 cars and decided to simplify things and opted for the RS4. Was on my way to the BMW dealer to order an M5 when my buddy told me to check out the RS4. I'm very happy with the decision and I think the RS4 has many of the characteristics of the Porsche (for street use) with the added practicality of 4 doors and a usable trunk. In fact, I was thinking about it last night on the drive home. I enjoy driving the RS4 as much as I enjoyed the Porsche.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I just moved from B6 S4 Avant to RS4

The Avant had Miltek, Strat hyperflow &amp; hypershift, APR flash, 19" whls, etc., etc. I thought it was pretty great. All I can say is that if you go drive an RS4, you will buy it. The power is awesome, the handling better, the ride smoother, &amp; on &amp; on.

As someone just said, what it really comes down to is do you want what is by most accounts the best sport sedan in the world, or do you want a sports car.

Good luck, both are great cars, but I went with the RS4 even though I've got three other SUVs / cars for all the mundane ****.

Bob
Old 03-22-2007, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My avant is spected like yours except no APR software. I've driven my father-in-laws RS4 many times

and love the car. If they would just import the avant version to the US my decision would be easy. My delima is that if I go from one car, the S4 avant, to two in order to haul around our two dogs and other stuff, should I just get a true sports car and a truck/suv, or should I get the RS4? Everyones input have been great thus far...thanks.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Trying to decide between a brand new RS4 and a 2006 911 C4S. Both would be daily drivers here i

Having traded in my 06 C4S for an 07 RS4, I can honestly say I do not miss my Porsche. Both are/were daily drivers. To me, the Porsche was (and always will be) a sexier car with very different driving characteristics. Bottomline, I simply did not like the 997's ride quality or interior...compared to other 911's I've owned over the years. So, I'm taking a break from Porsches...for now. The RS4 has more than lived up to my expecations. Eitherway, you will be driving a fine, well-crafted, auto...consider yourself fortunate.

Quick Reply: Trying to decide between a brand new RS4 and a 2006 911 C4S. Both would be daily drivers here in CO