RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Upcoming RS5 and RS4 Avant info

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upcoming RS5 and RS4 Avant info

I know we've seen it before but here is more interesting info about the B8 RS4 platform coming to NA..albeit ONLY in the form of an Avant.

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_4820.shtml
Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Unfortunately, the Avant will not come to the US if the battery is located underneath the rear floor, which all signs point to. The DOT won't allow passenger cars to be sold in the US if their battery is not behind a firewall or otherwise sequestered from the passenger compartment.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by greatwhiteshark
Unfortunately, the Avant will not come to the US if the battery is located underneath the rear floor, which all signs point to. The DOT won't allow passenger cars to be sold in the US if their battery is not behind a firewall or otherwise sequestered from the passenger compartment.
Oh yeah, hence the reason for the B7 not coming to N.A. Forgot about that.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:31 AM

The question of the day when (and if) the RS5 comes out in the US would be: what would you rather drive - a 1-2 yr old R8 or a new RS5? Those prices would probably be quite on par...

Quite sad how we Americans don't get the Avant. In Europe, for every RS4 sedan that was sold Audi sold 3+ Avants...
Old 04-29-2009, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RS Maniac
The question of the day when (and if) the RS5 comes out in the US would be: what would you rather drive - a 1-2 yr old R8 or a new RS5? Those prices would probably be quite on par...

Quite sad how we Americans don't get the Avant. In Europe, for every RS4 sedan that was sold Audi sold 3+ Avants...
Which is exactly why I pitching for a B7 S4 for my fiancee's next car.

What else would you get your lady for $30k that you'd enjoy driving as well?
Old 04-29-2009, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't think that the r8 would sell for around 70-80 K. These cars are still hard to find. I know that this isn't relevant to todays market situation, but I offered a guy who drove into the dealership with a used r8 and I offered him $15,000 profit to buy the car off his hand and he said no.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:38 PM

Default 11 R8s on ebay

How many do you need?
Old 04-29-2009, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by greatwhiteshark
How is it different for the B7 RS4 sedan? There is no firewall between the passenger compartment and the battery which is located below the rear floor in the trunk.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by grendelswr
I don't think that the r8 would sell for around 70-80 K. These cars are still hard to find. I know that this isn't relevant to todays market situation, but I offered a guy who drove into the dealership with a used r8 and I offered him $15,000 profit to buy the car off his hand and he said no.
Times have changed, dealers in Metro NY for example advertize R8s at sticker, and in fact sales are a shade below. Several started showing up at Manheim. Audi has since limited production to something like a day for the last several months, so limitedd supply may be the only factor keeping prices from nosediving, because demand certainly isn't. And the V10 will take away sales from the V8.

Also, we are realistically talking 2 yrs from now as if we ever get the RS5, it will likey be a 2012 MY in late 2011.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Viken B.
How is it different for the B7 RS4 sedan? There is no firewall between the passenger compartment and the battery which is located below the rear floor in the trunk.
Good point, but I didn't think it was necessarily a firewall issue, just a requirement for further crash testing which wasn't viable for projected import numbers. Either way it's a bummer we didn't get them.

Quick Reply: Upcoming RS5 and RS4 Avant info