RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Updated: Two weeks, still no car...

Old 01-23-2007, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated: Two weeks, still no car...

Just to give a full account of the experience of our 07 RS4. We picked it up in October, and within 48 hours the oil light came on. We sent in to the shop, and got it back in 2 days with several apologies. Within a couple of weeks it developed a rattle in the headliner near the sunroof, and the trunk light was intermittent. Again another trip to the shop, 3 days this time. This last time, rattle developed in headliner within a week of previous shop visit and the trunk light was still intermittent, but this time with the added bonuses of aformentioned noise at front of car accompanied by xenons that would flash on and off for no reason in the garage. Where I have left it with Audi USA today was that they need to order me another car. I will keep you posted. As of tonight, I still don't have the car.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:33 PM

That shouldn't happen to anyone. I hope that they straighten it out soon.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Keep us updated on the headlight issue...

I've seen it on mine. Also hearing a squeak/groan from the right front corner under compression.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Updated: Two weeks, still no car...

It's going to be awfully tough to get a new car based on these minor complaints. These are all very minor issues.

I don't have an RS4 but my trunk ajar light would come on once in awhile(on display) and I would pop it, relatch it. Only happened a couple times early on in ownership and I finally figured it was probably me activating it by mistake using the key fob.

The headliner rattle at sunroof is very common, depending on what kind of rattle your are talking about. A low level but annoying rattle often proves to be the weather seal and can be eliminated with armor all or silicone spray(same with door jam seals).

The headlights flashing could be tied in with your alarm arming/disarming system, but that's just a guess. Could have something to do with auto on/off feature or even auto leveling.

The initial low oil condition is common enough and usually pans out okay.

Even the rattle at the front of the car doesn't sound serious(it's a rattle) and attributing it to the DRC may be premature.

So, I too wouldn't want to have that stuff happening on a brand new 70k car, but these are not the types of things that get you a replacement car or get you in under any lemon laws. They are too minor, too subjective. IMO anyway.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My S4 headlights also suffer from flickering

It goes away after about 5-10 minutes of driving but when I cold start the car, the lights flicker. It seems to be related to outside temperature since it's worse when it's cold (below freezing). I have a scheduled service visit on Friday on the matter (second one).

My car is almost 2 years old so these incidents might not be related at all, though.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Updated: Two weeks, still no car...

me and others have had it much worse (suspension/powertrain related) and AoA still wouldn't replace the car so i would simply ask for the next best thing which is compensation for lost time. assuming you leased/financed it, you're still making payments and being charged interest on the car when it's sitting in the shop, and yes, even on weekends! that makes for a big argument in your favor, but stay persistent with them because unlike other luxury brands, audi of america won't voluntarity do anything for you like they should.