AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/)
-   -   vs. Dodge Charger SRT8 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/vs-dodge-charger-srt8-2710456/)

gofastblue 03-07-2007 08:00 PM

vs. Dodge Charger SRT8

Where I live, there are many streets that lose an outside lane immediately after the signal light (i.e., 3 lanes become just 2). Usually no cars ever line up in the last lane unless there's a lot of traffic. Well, I was casually driving home after going to the market this evening and stopped at a light in the middle lane with a few of cars behind me, when a black Charger SRT8 pulls into the end lane to my right, which happens to be one of those dissappearing lanes. We all know that the guy is going to gun it so that he can get ahead of everybody before the lane ends (average people would just gradually merge in). Well, I know this, so I prepare for the light change 'cause even though I usually leave the hardcore driving for the track, I really felt like this guy needed to know what an Audi was capable of. As you may know, it really wasn't much of a contest, although that car can pull pretty strongly. Ultimately, weight really is a bigger enemy to the Charger, than it is the RS4. Now that there is only 2 lanes, I move over to the left one and stop and the next light. I know he wasn't expecting the first time for me to take off, so now this guy really wants to school me. However, once again I quickly gained a couple of car lengths on him and he shut it down. I turned at the next light as I saw driving by just shaking his head.
P.S. I definitely think the RS4 is the current leader in the "wolf in sheep's clothing" catagory.

gtc 03-07-2007 08:30 PM

I love a story with a happy ending... *sniff*

sparkhill 03-07-2007 08:40 PM

Hemi didn't live up to the hype?

gofastblue 03-07-2007 08:51 PM

Maybe when they put it in the smaller/lighter Challenger

kiNGMak.:.OEM 03-07-2007 09:51 PM

the SRT8 has some good power.. problem is it cant get it to the ground in 1st and 2nd

quattro for the win against Hemi...

Styling of the RS4 vs SRT8 is way above dodge.. not to mention the weight.. have you seen those rims and how HUGE the hoood is..

WasabiAudi2 03-07-2007 10:32 PM

The SRT-8's are over rated. Just b/c it says "HEMI" on the side doesn't mean it's an amazing car

I have a stock B7 S4, and I've taken one off the line w/ him pulling on me, but not as fast as you would think w/ the ~80 hp difference. They're ugly cars, and I could never justify paying $45k for a Dodge/Chrysler ('cept for the new Viper), even if it is slighly faster than my S4.

MYROCKET_S4 03-08-2007 06:19 AM

I don't think he knows what RS4 is...

Victoryroad 03-08-2007 08:07 AM

What is your launch technique? I am still trying to optimize mine, so would appreciate ideas.

AUDIFAN008 03-08-2007 09:32 AM

I am in CA, you won't believe how many stupid SRT8 tried to take me =P