RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Well, well, what do we have here? A little RS4 is it? Ohhhh yeaaaaahhh...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, well, what do we have here? A little RS4 is it? Ohhhh yeaaaaahhh...

So after missing out on a Daytona Gray RS4 that was sitting on the lot at my dealer in CT, and after putting a deposit on an RS4 that at earliest will be here in 3 months and quite possibly take longer, I finally woke up and smelled the coffee.

Yeah, my dealer said he was trying hard to do a swap. But the reality is, no dealer is going to trade that car. So I got on the horn and called every dealer within 350 miles of me. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. Within 10 minutes I found two dealers, each of which had one black RS4 on their lot.

Granted, I didn't want black, so I got them revved up just in case and continued to call. Finally I hit the jackpot and found a fully loaded Daytona Gray RS4 with black interior and Carbon Fiber.

Now CF is not my first choice, but the dealer said I can order the brushed aluminum trim pieces and have them put into the car at a later date, so that is enough to make me happy, presuming it's true. And even if it's not, oh well, Carbon Fiber ain't that bad.

So that is it. I put a fresh deposit down on my new RS4 and off I go to get my old deposit back from the first dealer. I should if all goes well have the car this weekend, I'll be sure to post pics!

I sure will miss my S4.. Such a great car, and I hardly knew ya!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Good for you

My phantom black with aluminum trim ( I wanted CF) is arriving tomorrow to port. I also should be picking my car up. Unless for some freak reason I am working on Saturday.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Want to swap trim pieces?

Where are you located? Maybe we can solve our opposite desires in trim and swap them at a dealer? I'd rather do that than have to order and pay for the OEM pieces, which could be costly.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm in texas

I'm going to see it up close first, and I would advise you to do the same. If we are still unsatisfied, we'll go from there. If we do swap, I guess we could get our respective dealers to hold and trade the trim pieces for us.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:02 PM

The CF is striking. You may decide you like it.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

good job! I don't think you'll care too much about the trim once you drive the car.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Sounds like a plan.. ping me offline if you want to proceed..

I have seen the CF up close and I actually think its much better than what was on the S4. But I think it doesn't go as well with the Gray as I think it does with Black. Odd that our two colors have the opposite in terms of trim that we would want.

I am more than happy to send to a dealer for them to hold until they get both. I trust you anyway, I doubt anyone who can afford this car is looking to rip another hobbyist off.

Ping me offline using my email if you want to proceed. I already know I'd prefer aluminum because I have it on my Dolphin Gray S4.

Cheers.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:19 PM

Default I agree it's nice. It's just a matter of matching to exterior colors for my tastes..

I've come to respect the CF a lot since the S4 version.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default cool....that car arrived a little early didn't it?

i'm still waiting on my tags, believe it or not...Momentum had to overnight me another temporary tag earlier this week.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:18 PM

you might be right

Quick Reply: Well, well, what do we have here? A little RS4 is it? Ohhhh yeaaaaahhh...