RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

With what you all now know, has anyone changed their minds on how long you plan to own your RS4?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default With what you all now know, has anyone changed their minds on how long you plan to own your RS4?

Keep it longer? Short term? I am sure some of you guys get a new car every couple of years regardless. Although it is a no brainer of what to buy (RS4 vs. S4) the cost may determine length of ownership. With all the great deals I am hearing about, it seems to be a great time to buy a new RS4. Thanks for any input.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I came from an M5 and a Jeep SRT-8. Bought the RS4, still feel I have them both, and then some.

Plus it's white, which is rare. A definite keeper for a while to come. Just wish the LA-area Audi dealerships were a bit better at their customer service. It sometimes feels like I'm leasing a base A3.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:30 PM

Keep the RS4 for a while while the pay checks keep coming.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Not much longer....Porsche GT3 is next...may give RS4 to the wife

Reasons are as follows:
No decent power mods;
Evey fuggin Audi on the planet has RS4 rims and the 10,000 other choices are all crap or bling;
Styling is getting a bit dated;
Bluetooth DING-on-activation cannot have volume adjusted;
****ty clutch life;
Brake pads done every 10K miles;
Retarded dealers who don't even know how to service these things;

Why not another Audi?
The RS6 is not coming to the US (would rock one of those in a second);
The R8 is kinda boring, slow and unimpressive at half the price...plus the markup is absurd;
What other Audi has more power, performance or zest than the RS4? None.

After owning 43 cars and driving everything from Saleen S7's to Lambos, the Porsche cars are by FAR the best, most reliable, modifiable and fantastically constructed cars on Earth. Period.

So, next year, I'll begin my search for a good used 997 GT3...would never buy a new high end car from a dealer again. RS4 will go to the wife in reserve for those days when I need the extra convenience of the two rear doors.

The kicker is, the RS4 has been the best, most reliable, practical and fun daily driver I've ever owned. I just want more performance than it can deliver.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:45 PM

Default How was the ride in the Jeep SRT-8?...

...punishing?
Old 08-12-2008, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yes..the Dana 44s are not the foundation for comfort, and the Goodyear EMT runflats...

knocked out a couple fillings. But it was worth it - most of the looks on peoples' faces both in and out of the truck were of sheer astonishment when the pedal was mashed - it had a ferocious launch and took every bit of abuse I gave it. Gas mileage was a joke - averaged about 9mpg. But for a $40k toy I highly recommend it if you want to embarrass the ML63s and Cayenne Turbos of the world (well, up to about 110mph when the 5-speed shows it's lacking a couple forward gears....)
Old 08-12-2008, 08:13 PM

Default Reason I asked is because that's what all the reviews said

I was wondering if they were exaggerating, as they often tend to do. I had one blow by me on the freeway the other day, I was in middle lane just cruising.

Anyway, one heck of a performance SUV, like you said. How much does a Cayenne Turbo cost again? : )
Old 08-12-2008, 08:40 PM

Default I am no plans to get rid of it

I am extremely happy with it. I have never thought it needs more power or anything--if anything it is all about me becoming better driver with it--improving my driving skills.

I love the way it looks. Still the best looking sedan in my opinion. The other day I was parking at a grocery store and there was this couple walking. The guys literally stopped in his tracks, pulled his girlfriend, and kept on stairing at the car. This is normal. Where I live there are tons of BMWs and Porsches and no one really cares. This car stands out. Not as much as the R8 which basically attracts everyone--this one attracts a particular group.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I will keep mine until either the new s4 or rs4 hits. Depends on the specs of the new s4.

Also, will be keeping an eye out for a sedan rs6 in manual but probably wont ever happen.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 PM

Default Don't agree I actually own a GT3 and not that happy with it.

I have an RS4 as a daily driver and I agree that it is a great daily driver. As far as my GT3 - very good track car but not a very good every day car. Noisy, crappy infotainment system and not as fast as my Ford GT. Ford GT kicks *** on my GT3 and gets way more looks...

Quick Reply: With what you all now know, has anyone changed their minds on how long you plan to own your RS4?