RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Who out there is perfectly content with their unmodded RS4?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who out there is perfectly content with their unmodded RS4?

With mods becoming increasing more available, other than upgrading the sub-woofer, and painting the front filler plate, I haven't done a thing. And.....at this point, I really don't have a strong desire to do anything either! When I bought the car, I said to myself that I would only upgrade something if it felt in some way deficient. Thus, the sub upgrade (which yielded phenomenal results, I might add). I am happy with the power. I am happy with the ride/handling balance. I like the shifter enough not to change it. While the exhaust note could be a little more aggressive for my tastes, I like it enough in stock form not to feel the need to spend $$$ to change it. Of course I *can* mod the car, but to me, it just doesn't need it.

I remember when I bought my B5 S4 in 9/1999. It was one of the first in the U.S. It was a great car in stock form in it's day, but right away I found the suspension, tires and shifter to be deficient. That was the beginning to over $30,000 in mods.

I am really happy with my RS4 just the way it is!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think you're one of the few enthusiasts here who actually sees the worth of the car ;)

Seriously though, if I owned an RS4 I'd touch nothing except the sub, and maybe a bit of cosmetic touching up (like you did on the plate). The car is gorgeous to begin with and I always have felt that the GmbH guys designed it the way they did for a damn good reason. Why would I want to try to improve something that's got so many years of knowledge in the making. There's so much prestige behind this car. The engine is naturally aspirated and sounds like the voice of a God. If you make this car too loud it's no longer a road car, only a track car. This car brings performance and power to the streets of mere mortals... ok I'll stop my rant here.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Gas pedal only. But exhaust is inevitable.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:35 PM

I'd agree with you on the exhaust except that the increase dB is a cop magnet...
Old 08-17-2007, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Except for iPod cxn, I see no need to screw with it.. I like it just the way it is.

Of course this coming from the guy that melted his headlights replacing the bulbs so that they would match the xenons

But other than minor cosmetic BS, and the lack of a real iPod interface, I like it the way it is.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

2nd
Old 08-17-2007, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Would like amber euro brakelights
Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Me. But I don't think tires, wheels or cat-backs are mods, just personal taste. Agree on iPod cxn.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default I was for a year then I started to get bored... loud non-resonated exhaust fixed that quick...

at least for another year, then I'd probably have to trade it because I can't imagine any more mods beyond exhaust and other basics are going to cut it
Old 08-17-2007, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: "When I bought the car, I said to myself that I would only upgrade something if it felt in...

"When I bought the car, I said to myself that I would only upgrade something if it felt in some way deficient."

Is that what you told yourself, or is that what you told the wife?

All kidding aside, I love the car out of the box. I never planned to mod it much other than a few things which are pretty standard with out really being too pricey.

1) Short throw ($200-250?)
I felt like the throwing distance and feel could have been a bit better out of the box. I'm sure plenty of people will say its perfect as is too.

2) Exhaust
Again its just a personal thing: I wanted a slightly louder sound / growl.

3) Sway bars ($200-400)
Get rid of that understeer with a rear or F+R setup.

I think one of the great things about mods are that they somewhat renew the new feeling of the car.

Quick Reply: Who out there is perfectly content with their unmodded RS4?