RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Why are so many selling their RS4's? If you have, I am curious why

Old 11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are so many selling their RS4's? If you have, I am curious why

Rather than search each thread, I am curious why you have sold? I truly think it is an awesome car that can still compete with the upcoming models - before I buy one, why did you sell? Thanks in advance - Arb
Old 11-07-2007, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default because most of us don't keep cars for more than a couple of years, tops.

has nothing to do with the car itself, it's more of a personality disorder.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default The people in this forum are quite different than the A/S 4 - the really are no

major hickups with the RS - the turnover is just the nature of the people buying them.

Myself I hope to keep it as long as I did my 98.5
Old 11-07-2007, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 1-2 yrs, 10k+ miles, and at least a whole track season is usually enough for me...

Like the others said, the RS4 is a great car and is nearly flawless in every category in my book, except maybe weight. Sometimes, I just get bored and want to try something different. Nothing wrong with that. Too many great cars come and go and since I'm not Jay Leno, I can't keep all of them in a garage to collect. So when possible, I'd like to experience the whole ownership experience with as much cars as possible that have caught my eye. In the span of a year or two, I not only drive them to work, but I track them frequently, and even go on road trips. By the time I trade/sell the car, I usually log at least 10k miles sometimes more, so I really do drive them. Bob calls it a personality disorder, and it may be that too But I like to call it exercising my right to be a car *****, and I have to say it's quite fun to look forward to on a more regular basis. Going through the process of researching cars on forums, ordering, waiting, stalking its production and shipment online, taking delivery, completing break-in procedures, learning how to drive it fast at the track, modding it, etc. I find enjoyment in going through this cycle as often as possible. What car enthusiast wouldn't?

Having said that, I must also express my attachment with the RS4. I love it. It's the first car I've really become attached to since my B5 S4, and will definitely be sad to trade it away for the M3 when it arrives in a few months. Now before I go emo on you, let it be known that I'll get over it quick.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Why are so many selling their RS4's? If you have, I am curious why

People that hang out on car forums are not normal drivers. So you see far more turn over here than in real life. In the last 7 years I went from Honda S2000, Porsche Boxster S, BMW M3 SMG, Maserati Spyder GT, Audi S4 Cab and now Audi RS4 Cab. You need change in your life and doing it with cars is cheaper than changing wifes
Old 11-08-2007, 03:36 AM

Default I bought mine from a dealer pre-owned - the previous owner bought a GT-3

I plan on keeping as long as the funds keep getting deposited in my check book.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Why are so many selling their RS4's? If you have, I am curious why

As BobW. astutely observed, it is a personality disorder, not the car. I had my RS4 for almost eleven months and it was bulletproof. No problems, just astonishing performance and sound from the MagnaFlow exhaust system. I did not track mine. I went with a new A8 Sport to chill. Did not think the S8 was necessary for me, although it is a fabulous car. The RS4 is a versatile car. It can be just a sensible means of transportation or a nearly all-out race car on the street and never really looks like the boy-racer that competing cars look like. If one wants intense, then the RS4 delivers on demand.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Sometimes cars fit you and they don't. I loved my RS4 in many ways..

it looked awesome, drove well but I never really warmed to it. I will admit that I never got the shifting down pat either.

I totally thought it was me until I drove the Porsches and I nailed those like I had one for years....sometimes you just look for a reason to change.

This was not something I took lightly as I don't like wasting money but it made all the sense in the world for me to switch personally.

I know most will cringe but I just love this M5, I read and played with all the toys on it till midnight last night. It has everything a gizmo freak could want and a V10 to boot!

Like Larry this is my warm up act before I get a M3, I am a M3 guy since my E30 model and this Audi ownership has taught me they are excellent cars. Mine never failed me in anyway, of course it had yet to even go in for one scheduled visit.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I've owned 10 cars in as many years. As Bob said its not the car, its a personality disorder. Most

of us on this forum are car nuts and always looking for new thrills. I keep telling my wife I'm going to keep this car awhile but she doesn't believe it. She thinks I'm insane. My Audi dealer loves me though.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Bob speaks the truth (And I know I'm going to hate myself in the morning for saying that.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why are so many selling their RS4's? If you have, I am curious why