RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Will Audi ever fix their frikcen Bluetooth problem? (frustration thread)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Will Audi ever fix their frikcen Bluetooth problem? (frustration thread)

All this talk about the iPhone-Audi BT troubles really makes me wonder. My Blackberry 7130e is on the official Audi approved BT list, I'm running the latest NAV software, and the phone constantly connects/disconnects regardless of software or settings.

Sure you get some antidotal stories that such-and-such phone works well in an Audi (Moto phones in particular), but the flood of dissatisfied Audi BT users is puzzling. Doesn't Audi give a hoot, or are they just baffled on how to fix it?

I realize that the BT protocol is not cut-and-dried but other car manufactures don't seem to have this much trouble. I'd order a new iPhone in a heartbeat if I was certain it would work in my Audi. It's pretty bad when a stupid car manufacturer dictates what phone you can or cannot own.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discussion on iPhone/BT below was very helpful to me. Audi pairing may not be optimal, but iPhone is

worth leaving on as a work-around, especially if one turns off Wi-Fi to conserve battery life. Occasionally my Audi would not recognize my Moto Razr either.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:14 AM
avp
Audiworld Junior Member

Default more BT problems

I have a Telus HTC P4000 (Which is a HTC Titan, or a Sprint UT6800). Anyway, when I pair my device it shortly thereafter locks up the phone. Great.

I tried this a few times when I got the car, but haven't put much effort into it since... I would like to get to the bottom of it though...

Any comments would be appreciated...
Old 07-09-2007, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds like a phone problem with just that info. Any updates available?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i'm just glad the iPhone works at all.

when I bought it, the salespeople at the Apple store didn't know if it would pair with Audi. So they did some research on the web and found a document that said, categorically, that it would NOT....something about the iPhone using a proprietary bluetooth...and that I'd have to wait for the iPhone 'car kit', which isn't available yet. One of the guys joked "you'll just have to get a different car." Many a truth is told in jest...
Old 07-09-2007, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default With everybody and his brother looking for iPhone problems and shortcomings it is not surprising

that a few have been revealed. No question that the ATT network when upgraded will require the next version of iPhone, that Outlook synchronizing may not be as easy as it should be, and that it has no GPS, but on balance the iPhone for me so far has been a good decision. FWIW, BMW NA had no idea of whether the iPhone would pair with my '06 650, notwithstanding their website information to the contrary, which they said was posted prematurely, and that the dealer told me flat out that it was "not an authorized BMW device," it paired immediately without any problems. What we are witnessing is simply a lack of experience and information about this device coupled with a tendency to find fault.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

True enough, but doesn't excuse Audi's troublesome BT implementation.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I've had some phones work, and others suck

Nokia E61: flawless
imate jamin: flawless
HTC TyTN: pain in the neck. disconnected every 15 min.

No iPhone yet for me... likely will come soon...
Old 07-09-2007, 07:26 PM

Default My Blackberry pairs fine if I turn off the address book upload feature

Otherwise I have the same problems you describe.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wish my phone would do that...!

Which model blackberry do you have?

Quick Reply: Will Audi ever fix their frikcen Bluetooth problem? (frustration thread)