AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/)
-   -   Will a better ride COMFORT be achievable with Stasis MS vs.SL?..... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/will-better-ride-comfort-achievable-stasis-ms-vs-sl-2715285/)

Vijay 09-23-2008 03:17 PM

Will a better ride COMFORT be achievable with Stasis MS vs.SL?.....

Still chasing that elusive ride/handling balance.

Fluffhead 09-23-2008 04:48 PM

I would say yes, but I'm not sure if it will be a big difference. I would ask STaSIS.

RS4 RAIDER 09-23-2008 05:18 PM

Re: Will a better ride COMFORT be achievable with Stasis MS vs.SL?.....

I have the STaSIS SL and the ride is a little more harsh than stock(when I say a little I mean barely noticeable).Stop thinking about, and jump right in you will be veryyy happy !

citanest 09-23-2008 07:15 PM

I am testing out the MS as we speak, I find it ride better than stock when adjusting it to street...

comfort damping...
no experience to SL but Jason told me that it's like MS at Aggressive Street setting, which is probably why most SL owners find them a little harsh for street.
I live in Toronto, road condition isn't all that great...
will do in dept review once tried different settings.

ps. I realized my DSC's are leaking AFTER I installed the MS, only 4000 miles.

RoninWheels 09-24-2008 07:29 AM

yes...

...will it be a significant difference? It depends on the driver. I've driven in plenty Rs4's with both and there is a slight difference that i can hardly notice.(in theory the MS should allow the most comfort)

Regardless of which you choose... you are guaranteed the following:

An adjustable suspension, lower ride height/center of gravity, more rigid body, Greater feedback from the road and its imperfections, and an overall sense of security when taking turns.

There is always a trade-off between Ride Quality/Comfort and Handling.

JMSIV 09-24-2008 09:48 AM

With the MS kit, couldn't you spec springs on the lighter side...

and still have a much broader range of adjustment to cover comfort all the way to aggressive track? Sure, if you were racing the compromise would not be acceptable, but for the average user who splits road and track, it is going to be as good as current road and significantly better on track.

CanuckRS4 09-24-2008 10:51 AM

Absolutely....dampening/rebound adjustible. Adjust it 'til your heart's content.

RoninWheels 09-24-2008 11:34 AM

Re: With the MS kit, couldn't you spec springs on the lighter side...

"for the average user who splits road and track, it is going to be as good as current road and significantly better on track."

agreed.

Mickf29 09-24-2008 12:18 PM

Someone needs to ban CanuckRS4 from the forums....

Dammit Canuck, that ass in your sig is killin me! I am trying to get some work done here and all I see is cheeks.

CanuckRS4 09-24-2008 12:52 PM

I'm tryin to help you damnit! "NT" means no need to click the post :P