AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b6-b7-platforms-discussion-49/)
-   -   Considering a change ... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b6-b7-platforms-discussion-49/considering-change-2570521/)

Chris 08-10-2006 05:27 PM

Considering a change ...

A friend of mine recently purchased a Nissan Titan LE with all the extras. I've been impressed with Nissan and have been considering a 350Z. Not "in addition to" my S4, but "insetad of" the S4. Lack of quattro aside ... comments?

Stl4 08-10-2006 05:45 PM

Re: Considering a change ...

Fun car - best friend has one and is happy with it. If you are like me and change out cars every 2-3 years, then why the hell not.

dr.audios[the OG] 08-10-2006 05:56 PM

I've heard the 350Z's come with tampons in the first aid kit.

don't do it, you'll regret it..

NewImage 08-10-2006 05:59 PM

LOL!

ruknd 08-10-2006 06:42 PM

I drove one a few weeks ago. I HATED it.

The car is not light and it feels heavy and found the steering atrocious. Youd turn the car and a few seconds later it decided to turn. The body flex was terrible. The rear actually has a giant brace for stiffness as well as one under the hood. These are clearly to compensate for the poor design and not as an enhancement. Under hard turns you could feel the flex. The gearbox is ok but the clutch is vague (though it could have been because it was a new car). The only benefit was it was fun to get the arse end out.

Hell, test driving is always. Go drive it.
Right now I'm loving driving the Cooper S. The SC is fun to spool up and the handling is amazing. Especially in turn in. I was also blown away with teh Evo VIII I got to drive lat weekend. Though admittedly it was heavily modded and not a very comfortable daily driver, but I was giggling and laughing from the time the boost threw my backwards to gettign a hard drift around some very nice turns.

Have you thought about the STI limited that's coming out? It lacks the coffee bar rear wing and adds a nicer leather interior,

DrGP 08-10-2006 07:32 PM

I have one that is actually my son's daily driver . A few comments.

First of all, it is not really a bad car FOR THE MONEY. It is a $30K car versus the S4 which is a $5OK car. The two car are like apples and oranges. The Z is a 2 seat RWD econo Japaneese sports type car. It can be modded to death. Very reliable. Interior is cheap looking. Leather seats available only on the Touring model, door panels look like a rubber floor mat. Actually the Infinity G 35 gives you a better interior(not on par with the Audi's) and a back seat(sort of). Car is really not that much slower than the S4 and with mods it can actually beat a stock S4. It does get pretty decent gas mileage. A decent car, but not comparable to an S4. I think you would get tired of it fairly quickly. If you really are leaning in that direction, IMHO, you should be looking at the Infiniti.

applejacks 08-10-2006 08:13 PM

funny. why? cause its true.

S4 111 08-10-2006 08:37 PM

may be my next car....

We have had several nissans...very reliable.
I found the touring roadster to be great, and alot of fun to drive. The nav system is great.
Drive it..you will like it.
not as fast as s4 though.

Rad-doc RS6 08-11-2006 05:08 AM

IXNAY on the ISSANAY

Audis or VWs 4Life 08-11-2006 06:40 AM

Dr. GP might have some insight on this...