S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Last snow fall of season smack a curb

Old 04-03-2018, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last snow fall of season smack a curb

Hello all, so I'm new here LITERALLY just registered for insight. I have an b6 s4 and on my way home coming up to a round about I smacked a curb was going head on at about 45 on glare ice thanks to a big truck on my ***, in a blizzard BUT I hit my ebrake so my back drivers side wheel was all that hit but it hit good, no crazy loud snaps one loud thud, however, I noticed right away off balance characteristics, luckily was right next to a gas station so I pulled in did a walk around and was not even loading air I notice two decent gouged in wheel and the wheel itself doesn't look bent but looks as if the hit bent the hub? (Top part of wheel slightly wonkey) now I was able to get it home fine no leaking fluids nothing not even the ESC light was on.. but upon reaching 30/35 mph the back end wants to pull out (towards drivers side) like a semi trailer I mean I had to counter steer whole way home granted glare ice roads but I DIGRESS I come to you my humble Audi enthusiasts to ask does this sound like a bent wheel? Hub? Axle? All of it? I notice no clicking no nothing besides a decent wobble on clear pavement. I appreciate your guys input thank you! It is dark now will provide pics tomorrow of wheel protrusion
Old 04-04-2018, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Bent wheel? Going to be something far more than that. Someone else had a similar impact a few weeks ago and learned his brand-new car was totaled due to the extent of the damage and difficulty of repair.

Welcome aboard!!
Old 04-04-2018, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh man

How uneffected side looks normal camber

Effected side showing damage

Somewhat different angle of damage
I hope not I really love this car I have it scheduled for an appointment tomorrow morning, the ESC still works just fine, hopefully good news from repair shop 😔