S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

My experience with a GEICO extended warranty:

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GEICO

I purchased my 2000 TT in January 2000. Have the mechanical breakdown through GEICO for the life of the car. The warranty stays with the car for life even if I sell to another GEICO policy holder.

So far over $5,000 spent by GEICO, one bill was for $3,500 when I was having an issue with the center locking module and the instrument cluster. GEICO never skipped a beat, gave their credit card info to my Audi dealer and I was good to go.

Would love to get an 01 0r 02 TT convertible if anyone has one with the GEICO policy. Not sure what year they changed it to 7 years, but hopefully someone out there is grandfathered in same as me.

Originally Posted by Porsche_Joe
I have seen a lot of posts lately regarding extended warranties. GEICO offers an extended warranty, they call it Mechanical Breakdown Protection, to their auto insurance customers. You have to add it to your policy before your car is 15 months old and before it reaches 15,000 miles. The policy covers 7 years (from date of purchase) or 100,000 miles whichever comes first. The deductible for EACH REPAIR is $250.00. The premium will vary over time, it is not set in stone.

The fact that it varies may concern you but check out my experience with my Porsche Boxster. I paid the premium over 6 years, I waited a year, started the coverage and paid premiums for 6 years. My total cost for premiums was $833.40, an average of $69.45 every six months. GEICO paid out $1628.69 for repairs during the coverage period.

When I dropped off the car at the dealer, I left a note for the service advisor with GEICOs phone number and the amount of the deductible. I asked him to contact them if the repair was more than $250.00. When I picked up the car my repair charge was exactly $250.00.

My service advisor said that GEICO was easy to deal with. He would call them, they would instruct him to fax the bill to them and they would send him a fax with a credit card number authorizing payment. I had to leave the car overnight for one repair. Apparently GEICO sends a representative to check out the repair if the estimate is over a $1000.00. I never had a hassle with them.

GEICO sent me a copy of the exclusions before I started coverage. The only exclusions were the things that I would expect them to not cover, belts filters, spark plugs, alignment, brake pads, rotors, etc. We are currently paying a premium of $47.20 every six months on our 2005 S4 Cabriolet.

I took this policy out on the Porsche to cover drive train repair problems. I considered this coverage to be cheap insurance protecting me from some very expensive repairs but it also helped on several lesser repairs. I'm sold on this coverage and I plan on using it on my next car. My 2 cents.

Porsche_Joe
Old 03-12-2017, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geico is just like all the other companies and dealership out there. They are sold through them from an administrator. Some are back and some are not. If you get caught without a backed policy you could get in trouble financially if they close. My friend at the F&I department said NationalRepairSolutions.com offer coverages through the same warranty companies as the dealerships. The gave me payments with no credit checks and they are back by A rated insurance companies.