S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Need help with Nav Issues.. Different from the thread below..

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Nav Issues.. Different from the thread below..

Ok heres the deal. After months of trying to figure out why the US Spec A4/S4 Nav Plus would not play any nav disc other than north america audi in all of their infinate wisdom has come up with a solution for those of us who live outside of the US with a US Spec car. Either buy a euro spec Nav plus unit and have it instaled or they sent me to a guy who would swap my us unit out for a euro one at no charge. Nice solution huh. I would have though getting the company who makes the discs to produce a broader range of location discs would have made much more sense. Anyways here is my dilemma..

If I go with the clean swap the sat radio option I paid $1000 for becomes useless because the euro spec unit doesnt support it. Is the sat radio really worth it? I am considering buying a new euro nav plus unit and keeping my us one for when I come back to the states and then selling my euro one. What are everyones thoughts on this. The only drawback realy to getting the euro one and only having it is the loss of sat radio and the fact that american and european radio stations are picked up by the units differently. I got a 20 min speach about that today.

Anyways, what are your thoughts. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated and sorry this was so long.

One more thing.. how can I be sure that a Nav plus unit that I am buying on Ebay is not a stolen unit? If they have the code for the unit that pretty much guarantees that it wasnt stolen right. I am asking because the nav guy who is going to swap the units out for me said he wouldnt do ebay bought ones because so many of them are stolen.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts
Default Re: Need help with Nav Issues.. Different from the thread below..

If you already have the SAT radio there is no need to worry about it, the EU RNS-E will simply ignore it. If you have the money, get a use EU RNS-E and store the US unit until you come back.

To confirm that a unit is not stolen you would need to check the serial number with Audi or the next police station. You can see the serial number by going into Engineering Mode, one of the screens shows the serial number. I would request a picture with date stamp and confirm with Audi that the unit is not stolen.

Once you got the EU unit it's a simple plug and play and some final codings to make sure it's configured correctly.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info..