AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b6-b7-platforms-discussion-49/)
-   -   Quick poll Headlight Condensation yes or no.. and some questions... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b6-b7-platforms-discussion-49/quick-poll-headlight-condensation-yes-no-some-questions-2566924/)

fjorkduf 02-01-2006 09:16 AM

Quick poll Headlight Condensation yes or no.. and some questions...

Ok I know this has been beat to death, but my headlights have had visible water in them since about november, and it hasn't cleared out. I've read the TSB and it says any water should clear up after 10 minutes of having the headlights on.

How many of you have this problem?
Do BMW M3s have this issue?
Where is the best place to get them replaced in the SF Bay Area?

I figure now that the headlights have been covered in water for months I should be able to get them replaced. Each time the dealer turns me away I am going to call up AOA and let them know I'm unhappy with the headlights.

I mean this is a 50k car, and I've gotten numerous "what's wrong with your headlights?" comments, and on top of that the headlights don't work as well when trying to shine through the thick layer of water in the housing.

Redfoot 02-01-2006 09:24 AM

I have the problem and it is common. Good luck with dealer replacement,

TSB actually states do not replace units. They claim it does not effect performance. I also disagree.

CharlieG 02-01-2006 09:29 AM

No problem here (04 S4 with an 04/04 build date).

Sparta_S4 02-01-2006 09:34 AM

Got that issue right now...

I'll try and takes pics in an hour or so to post, my dealer here in Santa Clara says that the new housings are in for me. But its the time hassle that keeps from taking it in. Its a very known issue. I wonder if before they install the new housings, if I can remove the fugly corners first.

Youreviltwin 02-01-2006 09:37 AM

mine clear up fast. stealer will tell you its normal, just like losing a quart of oil every 1k.

last911 02-01-2006 09:37 AM

Had problem for a week following a carwash and high humidity..

Problem was only on the RH light assembly. The lights are on for 25 minutes each way to and from work. It took about a week for the condesation to clear. Some of the droplets were huge, not just a fogging.

Cheers,

fjorkduf 02-01-2006 09:38 AM

The thing is that it DOES affect performance

Plus when I want to sell my car I'm sure buyers won't believe me when I tell them 'It's normal'

Archimedes 02-01-2006 09:58 AM

Every day during the winter

NewImage 02-01-2006 09:59 AM

No, also never had that prob with my 04 A4 (w/hids)......

I detailed a 05 b6 S4 last week and the drive side had a lot of condensation.

moTAP 02-01-2006 10:06 AM

Had the problem in both headlights,

Dealer removed and resealed.

Came back in right side housing, dealer replaced.

The drivers side housing still can get a little with high pressure washing, but it dries out quickly from what I've seen so far.