S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 test drive

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 test drive

Test driving a 2013/moon light blue 6 speed. The option are: navigation, sport differential, leather, B& O audio, advanced key and carbon inlays. It has 67K miles.
Maintenance history is solid and no reported accidents. The dealer is asking $25K. No dings or dents, but there are a few scratches here and there.

I am interested in what you think of the price? I would feel really good if I could get the car for $22500 but I think the best I can hope for is $24,400 including the dealer fee.

Does this seem like a good price? Any thoughts on what I can look forward to for upcoming maintenance?

Also interest in what some of the first mods that people have done? This will be a daily driver for me so I won't go crazy with them. For those that have done a stage one flash, how has it worked out?

Old 07-16-2018, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I did drive it yesterday. It had a small crease in the rear bumper probably from a light tap and a few other light cosmetic issues. It ran well and the clutch was holding. I didn't give a deposit but told them I would be in touch.

They advertised it as a Prestige but is wasn't. It did have the options I mentioned listed on the window sticker. I am going to offer $22,500 + $400 doc fee and see what happens.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent a long time looking for a 2013 6mt, finally found one in Pittsburgh. Had 86k miles but solid history, basically identical options as yours. was listed at 24k and was only able to talk them down to 23.5. If they are willing to go down to that for a car with 20k less miles then Id go for it.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Snow Monkey and DrGP,

Greatly appreciate your feedback. I made an offer of $21900 including the $400 doc fee and the dealer accepted it. He told me that that left him with $900 profit thus telling me that they paid $20600 for it on trade in. hoping my loan goes thru.
The clutch felt good on my short test drive. It did have a slight rough idle. Hoping it's not from carbon build up on the valves. Maybe just from sitting for awhile. It did have the 55K service so the plugs were change. I will put the Ross tech on it as soon as I get it.

Snowmonkey, have oyu done any mods to yours? If so do you feel like you got your moneys worth? Curious but not sure I can afford any after car payments and the increase in my insurance.

Definitely excited to get it. I took my 06 A6 3.2 liter off road in February to do the timing chains and still have not finished it yet. When I do, my son will get to drive it
Old 07-23-2018, 04:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Newbie123
Snow Monkey and DrGP,

Greatly appreciate your feedback. I made an offer of $21900 including the $400 doc fee and the dealer accepted it. He told me that that left him with $900 profit thus telling me that they paid $20600 for it on trade in. hoping my loan goes thru.
The clutch felt good on my short test drive. It did have a slight rough idle. Hoping it's not from carbon build up on the valves. Maybe just from sitting for awhile. It did have the 55K service so the plugs were change. I will put the Ross tech on it as soon as I get it.

Snowmonkey, have oyu done any mods to yours? If so do you feel like you got your moneys worth? Curious but not sure I can afford any after car payments and the increase in my insurance.

Definitely excited to get it. I took my 06 A6 3.2 liter off road in February to do the timing chains and still have not finished it yet. When I do, my son will get to drive it
Congrats! Id be lying if I said I am jealous of the deal you got on yours. I do not have any mods yet as I have a wedding coming up so all extra money is headed thataways, but I have a list of what I'm going to do and in what order. First year i'm hoping to do: Integrated Engineering intake and Stage 1 tune, RS4 Grill, res-delete X-pipe, then depending on on budget some 19" wheels and new summer tires. EDIT: totally forgot about the CR-15 strut brace, which from what ive heard is an essential mod to sharpen up the handling

Last edited by Snowmonkey; 07-23-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Snowmonkey
Congrats! Id be lying if I said I am jealous of the deal you got on yours. I do not have any mods yet as I have a wedding coming up so all extra money is headed thataways, but I have a list of what I'm going to do and in what order. First year i'm hoping to do: Integrated Engineering intake and Stage 1 tune, RS4 Grill, res-delete X-pipe, then depending on on budget some 19" wheels and new summer tires. EDIT: totally forgot about the CR-15 strut brace, which from what ive heard is an essential mod to sharpen up the handling
What is the cost of each of these? And, what are you expecting in terms of performance/drivability?
Old 07-24-2018, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What is the cost of each of these? And, what are you expecting in terms of performance/drivability?
I'm doing things on a budget for now so nothing is too extravagant. will be at least a year before this list is complete but thats ok with me

Intake ~ $350, plus any tools Ill need for install. More Supercharger Whine, maybe some torque gains
Tune ~$1050, includes flash cable. +80ish hp and 40 ftlbs
Exhaust ~ depends on how to do it, to go with a manufactured X-pipe or have a shop custom fab it. more growley, maybe a few torque gains
Grill ~ $230 from ebay, plus any tools i may need for install
Wheels ~$800 for some medium quality cast wheels
Tires ~$600 for Indy 500s
CR-15 Brace - $125 from a user on Audizine,
Old 07-24-2018, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snowmonkey
I'm doing things on a budget for now so nothing is too extravagant. will be at least a year before this list is complete but thats ok with me

Intake ~ $350, plus any tools Ill need for install. More Supercharger Whine, maybe some torque gains
Tune ~$1050, includes flash cable. +80ish hp and 40 ftlbs
Exhaust ~ depends on how to do it, to go with a manufactured X-pipe or have a shop custom fab it. more growley, maybe a few torque gains
Grill ~ $230 from ebay, plus any tools i may need for install
Wheels ~$800 for some medium quality cast wheels
Tires ~$600 for Indy 500
CR-15 Brace - $125 from a user on Audizine,
If you're on a budget for a while, buy a used Chipwerke Pro ( $ 275-325 ) and get the equivalent of a Stage 1 tune. Use and sell it off when you're ready to upgrade to an ECU flash. Also, lots of used Intakes on the forums as well. The CR-15 brace is definitely a great bargain mod.
Check out the classified over on AZ, always have performance mods for sale and lots of wheels/tires.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by togatown
If you're on a budget for a while, buy a used Chipwerke Pro ( $ 275-325 ) and get the equivalent of a Stage 1 tune. Use and sell it off when you're ready to upgrade to an ECU flash. Also, lots of used Intakes on the forums as well. The CR-15 brace is definitely a great bargain mod.
Check out the classified over on AZ, always have performance mods for sale and lots of wheels/tires.
Just picked up the 13 S4. Had a 70 mile drive home mostly in traffic (thanks I-95, Merritt Parkway). Anyways, it was sort of hard to tell anything but when I did have a stretch of open highway, I got on it. When I got home I started thinking, why would I need any more power than this thing has now?

Lets see how long that can last.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:32 PM
QS4
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just picked up the 13 S4. Had a 70 mile drive home mostly in traffic (thanks I-95, Merritt Parkway). Anyways, it was sort of hard to tell anything but when I did have a stretch of open highway, I got on it. When I got home I started thinking, why would I need any more power than this thing has now?

Lets see how long that can last.
Welcome, congrats and good luck!

Quick Reply: 2013 test drive