2014 S4 with 17k miles/yr a good buy if getting a warranty? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page > 2014 S4 with 17k miles/yr a good buy if getting a warranty?
Notices
S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 S4 with 17k miles/yr a good buy if getting a warranty?

Reply

 
 
Old 10-11-2017, 09:57 PM
  #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Default 2014 S4 with 17k miles/yr a good buy if getting a warranty?

Hey Guys,

Got offered sweet deal on a 2014 s4 with 52k miles on it. Clean carfax and clean title. Being offered to me at a ridic price so considering getting it. It will be my first audi. Currently have a bmw.
Do the 17k miles a year really do matter if I plan on getting a bumper-bumper 60k mile warranty? Want to make sure I make the right decidsions.

Thank you
snowys4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:54 AM
  #2
AudiWorld Super User
 
DrGP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 12,630
Default

Originally Posted by snowys4 View Post
Hey Guys,

Got offered sweet deal on a 2014 s4 with 52k miles on it. Clean carfax and clean title. Being offered to me at a ridic price so considering getting it. It will be my first audi. Currently have a bmw.
Do the 17k miles a year really do matter if I plan on getting a bumper-bumper 60k mile warranty? Want to make sure I make the right decidsions.

Thank you
Buy the car and forget the warranty. You are throwing your money away. I blew $2700 on a 3 yr warranty that I had no need to use.These cars are remarkably reliable, even with higher mileage. I now have 78k miles on my car . I suggest, instead of buying a warranty, put that money into a slush fund for future issues or to pay for the tires, . FYI, brakes,rotors and battery that you WILL eventually need. Or just put away $50-$75 away/month for repairs. You will end up ahead of the game financially. BTW, you will not miss your BMW. What are you currently driving?

Last edited by DrGP; 10-12-2017 at 08:57 AM.
DrGP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:08 PM
  #3
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
Buy the car and forget the warranty. You are throwing your money away. I blew $2700 on a 3 yr warranty that I had no need to use.These cars are remarkably reliable, even with higher mileage. I now have 78k miles on my car . I suggest, instead of buying a warranty, put that money into a slush fund for future issues or to pay for the tires, . FYI, brakes,rotors and battery that you WILL eventually need. Or just put away $50-$75 away/month for repairs. You will end up ahead of the game financially. BTW, you will not miss your BMW. What are you currently driving?
Thanks for the input man. Was just worried on the miles it has since I usually drive 15k miles a yr. Looking at the long term side of things. I drive a 08 328i
snowys4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:34 PM
  #4
AudiWorld Super User
 
DrGP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 12,630
Default

Originally Posted by snowys4 View Post
Thanks for the input man. Was just worried on the miles it has since I usually drive 15k miles a yr. Looking at the long term side of things. I drive a 08 328i
You won't believe how much of an upgrade the S4 will be.
DrGP is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:08 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: