S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2015 S4 Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Rick!

I'll definitely look into that membership.

I appreciate all the help guys!

Thanks
Old 07-24-2014, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Tell them you will join ACNA and wait 6 mos. for the 6% discount unless they want to deal now. Can't hurt. And, yes, I think 5-6% off MSRP (+ conquest and free month) is minimum I would seek even without ACNA. It may be new model year but it is far from a new model or new generation.

If you really want it now and they won't deal and you don't have another dealership nearby, you can do the lifetime ACNA membership and skip the 6 mo. wait.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
Tell them you will join ACNA and wait 6 mos. for the 6% discount unless they want to deal now. Can't hurt. And, yes, I think 5-6% off MSRP (+ conquest and free month) is minimum I would seek even without ACNA. It may be new model year but it is far from a new model or new generation.

If you really want it now and they won't deal and you don't have another dealership nearby, you can do the lifetime ACNA membership and skip the 6 mo. wait.
Thanks, Rick!

We don't need the car now, I just thought we might be able to fond a good deal during summer when it's usually slower for the dealerships.
We were thinking about swapping out the GS for an S4 for wife, but if the dealer won't cooperate then I'll take my business elsewhere or just wait for a bit...

And yes, I agree it's far from being a new generation.
Plus I believe we will see the new S4 (B9) gen in a year or two?

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mkan,

If they have a 2014 S4 you should be able to get a much better deal on it. You should be looking to get at least $4-5k off the MSRP which in the long run should make for a better deal.

As for "holding out" for the B&O stereo, I'm not sure it's worth it to be that demanding when leasing. I was not impressed with the B&O upgrade and have no regrets going with the Concert radio. The B&O system is modestly priced and sounds it - that's why you see so many guys upgrading the sub and so many discussions about the quality of source material. I'd have happily spent $2-3k to get something on the level of a Land Rover Meridian, Jag B&W, or Lexus ML system. Audi does offer a competitive B&O system in their pricier cars - the A8's system is to die for.

Lastly as for the B9 S4, sounds like it will be here in 18 months to 2 years. By that time you could be halfway done with your lease. Plus as we've seen in the case of the 3 series, it's not a guarantee that the replacement car will be better than the old one. If BMW still made the e9x series I would probably be in a 335i!

Cheers,
HDC.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HDCS4
Mkan,

If they have a 2014 S4 you should be able to get a much better deal on it. You should be looking to get at least $4-5k off the MSRP which in the long run should make for a better deal.

As for "holding out" for the B&O stereo, I'm not sure it's worth it to be that demanding when leasing. I was not impressed with the B&O upgrade and have no regrets going with the Concert radio. The B&O system is modestly priced and sounds it - that's why you see so many guys upgrading the sub and so many discussions about the quality of source material. I'd have happily spent $2-3k to get something on the level of a Land Rover Meridian, Jag B&W, or Lexus ML system. Audi does offer a competitive B&O system in their pricier cars - the A8's system is to die for.

Lastly as for the B9 S4, sounds like it will be here in 18 months to 2 years. By that time you could be halfway done with your lease. Plus as we've seen in the case of the 3 series, it's not a guarantee that the replacement car will be better than the old one. If BMW still made the e9x series I would probably be in a 335i!

Cheers,
HDC.
Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated. I told the dealer that minimum of 5-6% + no down + conquest + audi pays first month is what I'm looking for and they said they can most likely do 5% so I guess that's good news...

I'll see how much they can cone down on the 2014 without B&O because in all honesty I always prefer to listen to the exhaust instead of radio/mp3 ( at least in the gt-r...)

The stock S4 I was able to drive had decent sound coming out of the exhaust, so I wouldn't modify it I think.

Thanks again for all your help guys! This community here seems to be very knowledgeable and very friendly.

Cheers!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a quick update & see what you think about the deal.

I was able to get it down to :

- $0 down
- 1st payment on Audi
- 36 mo lease
- 12k miles / yr
- Audi Care included
- $811 / month including Taxes
- 59% Residual

Does this sound reasonable at all?

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Money Factor @ .140 is insanely high. 2015 model gives them a "reason" to do so. However nothing is new about the car at all.

Anything over 650 dollars for a 56k S4 at the moment is stupid. They should be giving you at least 3k discount to begin with.

Don't be afraid to take your business elsewhere
Old 07-31-2014, 09:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Our salesman @ the dealership is driving a 15 S4 same equipment (nav, side assist, nappa, rear diff, automatic) says he pays $740 a month so I'm guessing he gets a greater discount for being with Audi or lying about the payment amount?

I thought $811 is "decent" but now I'm having second thoughts...

Thanks QuartzS4 for the reply!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by QuartzS4
Money Factor @ .140 is insanely high. 2015 model gives them a "reason" to do so. However nothing is new about the car at all.

Anything over 650 dollars for a 56k S4 at the moment is stupid. They should be giving you at least 3k discount to begin with.

Don't be afraid to take your business elsewhere
I know it's a little to early since I need to work out the insurance claim from the accident first but anyways that's what my local dealer has offered me on a 2014 S4:

$57k MSRP, 6% off ANA discount, $1,000 owners loyalty, $1,500 technology credit and first payment on Audi.

39 month lease
Zero cash down
10k miles/year
$707.00/month

Numbers include GA Ad Valorem tax

Is that good??
Old 07-31-2014, 10:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You can make that a much better deal. First include Audicare because it increases the Residual by 1% and essentially pays for itself. Second, max out the number of security deposits you can put on the vehicle to lower the money factor. Also I would strongly look at the 2014 if you're leasing - the 2015s have nothing new.

It's very hard to compare deals because values vary by market...and taxes vary by state. Quartz S4's number of $650/month is extremely good if you're putting $0 down and driving 12k/yr. I'm not sure that kind of pricing is available in all areas...

Cheers,
HDC

Quick Reply: 2015 S4 Question