AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/)
-   -   Advanced key? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/advanced-key-2775868/)

Smith837 02-13-2010 05:57 PM

Advanced key?

Aside from the keyless start, wondering what's the difference between the P+ (without advanced key) and Prestige in terms of entry, locking the car, etc.? Can you unlock/lock the P+ door without removing the key from your pocket?

McGriddle 02-13-2010 07:28 PM

Sure, you can always leave the key in your pocket when you hit the lock/unlock button. ;)

(but seriously: the Prem+ acts like a standard remote key. You need to hit unlock and lock like normal. It's nothing like the Prestige advanced key.)

Smith837 02-14-2010 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by McGriddle (Post 23926694)
Sure, you can always leave the key in your pocket when you hit the lock/unlock button. ;)

(but seriously: the Prem+ acts like a standard remote key. You need to hit unlock and lock like normal. It's nothing like the Prestige advanced key.)

Thanks. Quick clarification: On the P+, when you say you can leave the key in your pocket when you hit the lock/unlock button, do you mean the buttons on the key fob itself, or the button on the door handles (if the P+ has 'em)?

Majorafro 02-14-2010 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Smith837 (Post 23926745)
Thanks. Quick clarification: On the P+, when you say you can leave the key in your pocket when you hit the lock/unlock button, do you mean the buttons on the key fob itself, or the button on the door handles (if the P+ has 'em)?

On the fob itself (I believe). The Prem+ acts like the regular fobs you're used to.

Kraven99 02-14-2010 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Majorafro (Post 23926776)
On the fob itself (I believe). The Prem+ acts like the regular fobs you're used to.

So there are no buttons on the doors anywhere themselves? I have a smart key with my G35 and very much like the ability to leave my keys in my pocket or briefcase and just touch the button on the door to unlock.

What exactly is the difference between unlocking between Premium Plus and Prestige smart key operations? I saw in a post higher up in this thread that the P+ was nothing like the Premium? How?

McGriddle 02-14-2010 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kraven99 (Post 23926797)
So there are no buttons on the doors anywhere themselves? I have a smart key with my G35 and very much like the ability to leave my keys in my pocket or briefcase and just touch the button on the door to unlock.

What exactly is the difference between unlocking between Premium Plus and Prestige smart key operations? I saw in a post higher up in this thread that the P+ was nothing like the Premium? How?

Premium+: You use the keyfob like a traditional car. You push the "unlock" button to unlock. You start and stop the car by inserting the keyfob into the dash and giving it a push like a start/stop button. Push the "lock button to lock.

Prestige: You just need to have the keyfob close to the car. You touch the door handle to unlock and open. You start and stop the car by pushing the "Start/Stop" button by the shifter. You touch the door handle button to lock.

I hope that helps.

Kraven99 02-14-2010 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by McGriddle (Post 23926814)
Premium+: You use the keyfob like a traditional car. You push the "unlock" button to unlock. You start and stop the car by inserting the keyfob into the dash and giving it a push like a start/stop button. Push the "lock button to lock.

Prestige: You just need to have the keyfob close to the car. You touch the door handle to unlock and open. You start and stop the car by pushing the "Start/Stop" button by the shifter. You touch the door handle button to lock.

I hope that helps.

Yes, that help, thanks...the higher level prestige works basically the same as my 35K Infiniti G35 in this regard.

Smith837 02-14-2010 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by McGriddle (Post 23926814)

I hope that helps.

Yes, that clarifies things for me too! Thanks!

Smith837 02-14-2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Kraven99 (Post 23926830)
Yes, that help, thanks...the higher level prestige works basically the same as my 35K Infiniti G35 in this regard.

BTW, I'm currently in a G35 too, and REALLY love the intelligent key features. What are your thoughts on doing without the Advanced Key vs. bumping up to Prestige?

WatchNut 02-14-2010 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Smith837 (Post 23926834)
BTW, I'm currently in a G35 too, and REALLY love the intelligent key features. What are your thoughts on doing without the Advanced Key vs. bumping up to Prestige?

To me....not having the intelligent key was an incredibly minor thing, and was certainly not worth bumping up to the Prestige package in order to get it. My thumbs work fine, and pushing a button on a key fob a few times a day isn't a big deal.
;-)