S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Alu-Kreuz install party (PacNW)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

Warning from one of the Audi manuals (alldatadiy), not sure it makes this anymore clear;

""CAUTION!
The suspension components could be damaged.

If the subframe, the steering gear or the subframe crossbrace are not installed correctly, do not rest the vehicle on its wheels.

The vehicle must not be supported on the subframe or the subframe crossbrace (e.g. using a floor jack).

If the vehicle must be moved, the crossbrace must be installed with the old bolts and square nuts and tightened to the specification without any additional turning. ""
Old 09-03-2011, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And looking at this picture, it definitely makes sense why it needs to be up. Even Eurocode said the same (it's somewhere on AZ - too lazy to look for it lol - basically no ramps, front wheels need to be off the ground).

Old 09-03-2011, 09:23 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by m444
Warning from one of the Audi manuals (alldatadiy), not sure it makes this anymore clear;

""CAUTION!
The suspension components could be damaged.

If the subframe, the steering gear or the subframe crossbrace are not installed correctly, do not rest the vehicle on its wheels.

The vehicle must not be supported on the subframe or the subframe crossbrace (e.g. using a floor jack).

If the vehicle must be moved, the crossbrace must be installed with the old bolts and square nuts and tightened to the specification without any additional turning. ""
That says it all.

I guess I am just surprised since the B5 didn't have anything like that and the B8 is claimed to be X% stiffer than prior models. I guess it is largely due to the brace. It's a good to see Eurocode came out with such a nice replacement for it.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:58 AM
ayk
Audiworld Junior Member

I'll probably be working this Monday. I'll try and sneak out though
Old 09-03-2011, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by primetime
Neal, Can you please weigh the stock brace, when you do the install? Also, weigh the Alu-Kreuz... I show it to be 7lbs total with everything... Thanks Ron
Had already planned on doing this Ron, but then you also already suspected I would anyway, right?
Old 09-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd love to be there - but no car yet! Just moved to Vancouver and the car hopefully arived into Port Yesterday but has to get from Houston to Tacoma and then get prepped and I have no idea yet how long that will take.

Great support guys - hope to meet you soon! I'll post when the car comes in - in case anyone with mods has time to connect or a meeting is in the works.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to worry, you will have ample opportunity to meet several of us, we are a pretty active and tight B8 group around this area
Old 09-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks =)

Just waiting for my dealer to give me an idea how long it should be for the car to get from Houston to Tacoma - then ill be up to close the deal.

Hopefully they can give me a semi-accurate timeline.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Had already planned on doing this Ron, but then you also already suspected I would anyway, right?
Yes... We need a weight sticky thread... I wish I could make the install but it's a little far for me Will get mine on soon...
Old 09-04-2011, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Extended Invitation

The install party would also be of interest to anyone in the area who is curious about the Alu Kreuz benefits, and the installation process. It's an opportunity to drive an A4 or S4 before/after the install and experience the change first-hand.
If you're interested, PM me. Get-together starts at 10am Monday morning (labor day).

Additional teaser: There will be VAG-COM available, if you want to alter or check any settings or performance parameters.

Last edited by AudiAnnie; 09-04-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Alu-Kreuz install party (PacNW)