AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/)
-   -   Alzor wheels (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/alzor-wheels-2837198/)

rfogleman 11-10-2012 12:28 PM

Alzor wheels

Has anyone had any experience with Alzor wheels?

rfogleman 11-10-2012 12:36 PM

Guess I should mention that I ended up curbing my car and did some cosmetic damage to the stock wheels, didn't install Winter tires soon enough and ended up paying the price. Still plan on keeping the stockers for Winter driving, but want some new wheels for Summer. I just hope I didn't do any damage to the suspension, does not feel that I did.

CharlieG 11-10-2012 04:59 PM

I bought a set of their Ti reps to use for the winter but haven't even gotten them mounted yet. They do look very nice though and appear to be well made. We'll see how they hold up through the winter though ...

rfogleman 11-10-2012 05:35 PM

Thanks CharlieG, how about TSW Interlagos wheels...anyone with experience with them?

DarthRay 11-11-2012 06:06 AM

I have a winter Alzor set (S5 replicas, 18" style 618) that look very good and was very inexpensive compared to other wheels, but I guess you get what you pay for. I can see a bit of overspray in some places and I also noticed that these make the steering wheel vibrate a bit at 70+ mph speeds. Maybe it's just that the balancing performed wasn't as good as it could be so I'll have to re-do it and see if that improves.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with them as winter wheels. Only had them on for the last season and am about to mount them again for this season. Can't wait to change the looks of the car again.

HTH.

rfogleman 11-11-2012 01:20 PM

I think I am leaning towards TSW wheels now, but I want the Jerez style in black and have to wait till they are available.

zillmc 11-13-2012 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by rfogleman (Post 24370720)
I think I am leaning towards TSW wheels now, but I want the Jerez style in black and have to wait till they are available.

Do OEM Audi caps work with the TSWs? I really like these wheels but want centercaps, or perhaps they sell an Audi center cap to work?

rfogleman 11-15-2012 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by zillmc (Post 24371418)
Do OEM Audi caps work with the TSWs? I really like these wheels but want centercaps, or perhaps they sell an Audi center cap to work?

I am not sure, they are not for sale yet....that I can find, and I haven't done enough research to know any better. Would be even sweeter if they did.

Evlengr 11-17-2012 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by rfogleman (Post 24370433)
Guess I should mention that I ended up curbing my car and did some cosmetic damage to the stock wheels, didn't install Winter tires soon enough and ended up paying the price. Still plan on keeping the stockers for Winter driving, but want some new wheels for Summer. I just hope I didn't do any damage to the suspension, does not feel that I did.

You know in most cases wheels can be repaired just like any car part. Long as it is not cracked or severely damaged.

rfogleman 11-17-2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Evlengr (Post 24373174)
You know in most cases wheels can be repaired just like any car part. Long as it is not cracked or severely damaged.

Yes....I do know that, and plan on doing so, but this also gives me a good reason to get another set of wheels that I have wanted anyway. Besides the TSW Jerez wheels will make the car look even sharper than it already is.