S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Another 5 - 6 weeks wait on the S4, and my Dealer has an S5 now

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keiran
I could not agree more. I had the option to buy either when I got my S4 and originally went in to look at the S5. It's not nearly as much fun to drive and the looks are just a bit too understated for a coupe in my opinion.

I may have selected the S5 if it had of been the 3.0 engine in it. I was a bit disappointed to see that it was in fact going to be for the next generation of the car, however I feel that they further dulled down the look of the S5 with the refresh.
Actually, as I said before, the S5 coupe is getting the S/C gas 3.0 V6 in spring 2012 for 2013. That is NOT the next generation. That is the current generation with face and tail lifts and a few cosmetic enhancements (steering wheel and shift ****) in the interior.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The best MPG I ever got was 23, and thats with cruise control on the highway. You will get closer to 12-18mpg if you drive it the way most people drive an S car. I am always at the fuel pump with this car.

The others are correct that while the S5 is fast, its not as fun as the S4. I also drove my friend's S4 and it felt faster.

I don't regret the S5 however. It looks great, is a comfortable fast cruiser, and has a great engine note.

If performance is your number one concern, then you will regret the S5. Get the S4.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ayap
Hey Clochner - are you blind or can't you read? That previous thread was about which one is FASTER . This thread is a different issue altogether. If you have the intelligence of a 5th grader, you'd realize these two threads have nothing to do with each other. What stupidity!!!! Just re-read both threads and you'll know how foolish your question is.
No - I actually see quite well, and I think my reading skills are also up to par. Anyway, having finished the 5th grade 18 years ago, let me remind you of your main contention in that previous thread. In your words:

Well, my S4 is still on order, and just wanted to make 100% sure I made the right decision. I just applied to refinance my vacation home to a very low interest rate and found out I'm saving $300+/month on my mortgage, so financially I can definitely bump up the S4 to an S5 or A7 (but the A7 is too big for me).

I've heard a story from my Audi dealer that some guy put an order for an S5 and his job got downgraded, so he ordered an A3 instead, and that did not forfeit the $1,000 deposit because he still bought a brand new car from Audi.

So yeah, it makes such a BIG difference that I don't have to change my order after hearing some feedback about the S4 vs. the S5

So my point was that you started a thread comparing the S4 v. S5 b/c you were still indecisive about which car to go with, and then you started this thread addressing essentially the same points. (Oh yeah, not to mention that additional thread you started with a "video" (read: videogame) of an S4 racing an S5.)

Three threads on one topic. Fail . . .

Last edited by clochner; 09-11-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Maybe he will get them both - the S4 for his first home and the S5 for his "Vacation" home. He seems like a real "smart" guy so i'm sure he won't have any issues...lol
Old 09-11-2011, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're a very confused individual. My dealer having an S5 now is the issue , which is a new development and has nothing to do with my post last month.

Originally Posted by clochner
No - I actually see quite well, and I think my reading skills are also up to par. Anyway, having finished the 5th grade 18 years ago, let me remind you of your main contention in that previous thread. In your words:

Well, my S4 is still on order, and just wanted to make 100% sure I made the right decision. I just applied to refinance my vacation home to a very low interest rate and found out I'm saving $300+/month on my mortgage, so financially I can definitely bump up the S4 to an S5 or A7 (but the A7 is too big for me).

I've heard a story from my Audi dealer that some guy put an order for an S5 and his job got downgraded, so he ordered an A3 instead, and that did not forfeit the $1,000 deposit because he still bought a brand new car from Audi.

So yeah, it makes such a BIG difference that I don't have to change my order after hearing some feedback about the S4 vs. the S5

So my point was that you started a thread comparing the S4 v. S5 b/c you were still indecisive about which car to go with, and then you started this thread addressing essentially the same points. (Oh yeah, not to mention that additional thread you started with a "video" (read: videogame) of an S4 racing an S5.)

Three threads on one topic. Fail . . .
Old 09-11-2011, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the end, I don't even think AYAP has any single car from Audi on order. He/She is probably a 17 year old playing on a forum where they don't belong.

AYAP - if you're legit - buy the car that makes you happy. That's all you can do. If you're so insecure or so unsure of yourself that you need a forum of strangers to make $50K+ decisions for you, well, you have much bigger issues you need to figure out in your life.

Good luck to ya.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LeoR604
Agree, but unless they also knock 10k off the price (when pigs fly!!!), it's still a no brainer IMO.

With same engine AND same price the choice comes down to S5 = style, S4 = practicality.
AGREE!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by atombomb33
In the end, I don't even think AYAP has any single car from Audi on order. He/She is probably a 17 year old playing on a forum where they don't belong.
You might be on to something.

Originally Posted by atombomb33
AYAP - if you're legit - buy the car that makes you happy. That's all you can do. If you're so insecure or so unsure of yourself that you need a forum of strangers to make $50K+ decisions for you, well, you have much bigger issues you need to figure out in your life.
x2

And if you have all this available money from refinancing the vacation home..........did you ask an internet forum what the rate was before you did it?
Old 09-11-2011, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Goony

And if you have all this available money from refinancing the vacation home..........did you ask an internet forum what the rate was before you did it?
Not sure about that, but he did ask how much money we make: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2811225&page=6

LOL - what a joke . . .
Old 09-11-2011, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by clochner
Not sure about that, but he did ask how much money we make: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2811225&page=6

LOL - what a joke . . .
I was referencing this one where he's worried about the financing rate:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2812658

Then again, he wants to know whether he can use a personal check or credit card in another thread. Maybe he'll buy (cough cough) the S5 and move on.

Quick Reply: Another 5 - 6 weeks wait on the S4, and my Dealer has an S5 now