S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

anyone using ECS geomet rotors and Redstuff pads?

Old 04-06-2017, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone using ECS geomet rotors and Redstuff pads?

as the subject says - wifes brakes need replacing, would love less dust and no squeal - not sure what pads are on there now as we bough the car used, but they are insanely dusty and a little grabby, so probably oem i assume. most reviews i read about the redstuff pads seem pretty positive - impressions from anyone with either of those components?
was also looking at some stoptech packages with either stoptech street or posi quiet pads. reviews on the stoptech pads are all over the place and i've had the posi quiet pads on our previous two cars and were happy with them, about on par with the stock pads but a little less dusty. as it's my wife's car, it's a daily, spirited driver, no tracking.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VONBOTTLE
as the subject says - wifes brakes need replacing, would love less dust and no squeal - not sure what pads are on there now as we bough the car used, but they are insanely dusty and a little grabby, so probably oem i assume. most reviews i read about the redstuff pads seem pretty positive - impressions from anyone with either of those components?
was also looking at some stoptech packages with either stoptech street or posi quiet pads. reviews on the stoptech pads are all over the place and i've had the posi quiet pads on our previous two cars and were happy with them, about on par with the stock pads but a little less dusty. as it's my wife's car, it's a daily, spirited driver, no tracking.
No experience with Redstuff or Stop-Tech pads, but I can attest to the ECS Slotted rotors with Akebono pads. IMHO, great combination with good stopping power and NO brake dust. Some drivers complain of a lack of OEM "bite" but I haven't felt that at all.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by togatown
No experience with Redstuff or Stop-Tech pads, but I can attest to the ECS Slotted rotors with Akebono pads. IMHO, great combination with good stopping power and NO brake dust. Some drivers complain of a lack of OEM "bite" but I haven't felt that at all.
i hear mostly good things about akebonos as well, if any negatives it's not as much bite as oem, but a more linear feel. i have them on my S6 on the rears, so can't really attest to how they would feel all around, but they do squeak when i reverse for some reason