S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

APR numbers are out

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default APR numbers are out

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...me-dyno-graphs.........
Old 08-18-2010, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...and they look great. Where is Saki?? Stage 1 tune about to come out and looks pretty decent.

I would imagine there will be more stages down the line... this car is going to be fun for years to come!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I think that is technically stage 2 WHP curves (chip + cat-back). EMCS capable I presume?

Bruce
Old 08-18-2010, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rktskicar
I think that is technically stage 2 WHP curves (chip + cat-back). EMCS capable I presume?

Bruce
Not at release:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...=1#post5587504

From Keith:

Is this the part where I officially say that we've accomplished entry into the OEM ECU in order to make to an ECU Upgrade? Will that win us some kind of award?

Yes, apparently we are officially the first company in the world to access the OEM ECU in the B8 S4 for the purpose of an aftermarket recalibration of the OEM hardware with no changes in or additions to the OEM hardware.

However, for me, the greater accomplishment is that ECU recalibration is done!!!

We know what kind of power it makes. We know how to get the calibration on and off the OEM ECU. We are driving S4's with ECU Upgrades now as Stephen mentioned on QW.

We are satisfied with our 93 octane performance calibration.

From here, we develop 91 and 100 oct versions and the Mechanical Engineering Team is done.

The work to be done prior to release is in the hands of the Electrical/Software Engineering Teams.

We need encryption of our processes and data to insure our hardwork isn't easily copied/stolen or we don't give our competition any insight into how to finish their development.

Once the encryption is complete, we can offer a single program upgrade to the marketplace.

The Electrical/Software Engineering Teams will then change gears and begin working on the EMCS or program switching functions through the cruise control.

Once EMCS is complete, we will update the single programs owners to a fully loaded ECU Upgrade with the ability to return to Stock, choose a different octane calibration or choose Valet Mode, etc. as is standard with our other ECU Upgrade offerings.

I hope to be able to begin offering the single program ECU Upgrade by the end of September or by Petit Le Mans in the first week of October. The caveat is that if the EE or SE Teams run into any delays with the encryption, the release will be delayed as well.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar

Bruce
Ok... so stage 3 is a new supercharger? Either way, I'll take it. My car is ready... everything else in place.... well, I suppose I should do some suspension stuff, but I'll get to it!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

is it wrong for me to feel just a tad dissapointed?
I mean I rarely go over 5k rpm (after the ecu i'll be going over that much more often i guess..). I wanted more everyday usable early-mid range power.

but i dont know much about technical details about modding, so maybe that's what normal ecu tune looks like when it comes to a supercharger

of course i'll be getting it.. but I didnt **** my pants..
Old 08-18-2010, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

me too, was hoping for more mid-range punch.

Bruce
Old 08-18-2010, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree....I'll wait until I see a few 1/4 mile times before I jump on board.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Not disappointed, but then I didn't expect this small a displacement SC to be able to keep a ton of boost on board as the engine spools up. I would think a new SC would be a next logical step for Stage 3, but that also depends on if the internals of the engine can handle it. Also it might require other upgrades like the IC radiator might need to be larger, coolant pump, larger intercoolers, etc etc.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm now sort of iffy if I'll purchase the tune. I was looking for more power down low/mid range. Impressive high end numbers though, wow!

Quick Reply: APR numbers are out