B8 S4 Stasis vs APR - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B8 S4 Stasis vs APR

Reply

 
 
Old 05-29-2013, 07:29 PM
  #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6
Default B8 S4 Stasis vs APR

Hey all,
I have a 2011 S4 Prestige package and am in the market for upgrading my engine. I want to consider APR and Stasis. I know about both packages very well and have done my research, I was just wondering if any of you have either tune and am willing to share thoughts and input.
JRawk33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:47 PM
  #2
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 6
Default

I have the stasis package.... From what I gathered, the chip
upgrade is actually from APR but branded as Stasis... Could
be wrong though... Either way its fast and still under full
warrant from Audi and Stasis...
fbazyar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:28 PM
  #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
m444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 1,535
Default

I have the old Stasis v1 B8 S4 ECU tune, that was done by APR. Any new Stasis ECU tunes are based on Revo.

APR & GIAC have a Stage 1 & a stage 2 pullley tune. Stasis does not have a stage 2 ECU tune.

GIAC is the only B8 S4 tuner with a DSG tune & compatible ECU tune.
m444 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:06 PM
  #4
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Luna's S4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The Golden State
Posts: 22
Default

Agree with M444. However, all of these tunes nullify the Audi drivetrain warranty, even the Stasis tunes.
Originally Posted by m444 View Post
I have the old Stasis v1 B8 S4 ECU tune, that was done by APR. Any new Stasis ECU tunes are based on Revo.

APR & GIAC have a Stage 1 & a stage 2 pullley tune. Stasis does not have a stage 2 ECU tune.

GIAC is the only B8 S4 tuner with a DSG tune & compatible ECU tune.
Luna's S4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 AM
  #5
AudiWorld Super User
 
ZCD2.7T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 4,619
Default

Originally Posted by JRawk33 View Post
Hey all,
I have a 2011 S4 Prestige package and am in the market for upgrading my engine. I want to consider APR and Stasis. I know about both packages very well and have done my research, I was just wondering if any of you have either tune and am willing to share thoughts and input.
I drive the same car, and I have the STaSIS v2.0 tune. I previously had the v1.0 tune, but had it updated for FREE when the new tune came out (n/c for the update, but did have to pay labor and shipping for the ECU to go to/from STaSIS).

Stock tune runs 13.0-13.2 @ 105-ish.
v1.0 netted me 12.79 @ 109+.
My v2.0 best run is 12.47 @ 110+.

The bigger difference, though is the low-rpm punch provided by the v2.0 tune - the car is silly-quick now, whereas before it just felt fast.

APR certainly offers a path to even better performance if you go v2 and their pulley upgrade - 12.1-12.2 @ 113-115 on pump gas - but they don't provide any warranty.
ZCD2.7T is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:00 AM
  #6
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 160
Default

Originally Posted by JRawk33 View Post
Hey all,
I have a 2011 S4 Prestige package and am in the market for upgrading my engine. I want to consider APR and Stasis. I know about both packages very well and have done my research, I was just wondering if any of you have either tune and am willing to share thoughts and input.
I've got a 2012 Prestige w/6MT..and did an APR after about 10k miles...also did the supercharger pulley and the AWE exhaust...WOW! Can't speak about Statis, but WOW. Clutch did wear some initially - could smell it after some hard freeway runs/on ramps/downshifts...but that was only in the first month. Next piece I will look at is a short shift, and when I need brakes (and before winter and the squeal set in)will get ceramic pads and better rotors...
bandersen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 AM
  #7
AudiWorld Member
 
brooklyn86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 114
Default

Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
I've got a 2012 Prestige w/6MT..and did an APR after about 10k miles...also did the supercharger pulley and the AWE exhaust...WOW! Can't speak about Statis, but WOW. Clutch did wear some initially - could smell it after some hard freeway runs/on ramps/downshifts...but that was only in the first month. Next piece I will look at is a short shift, and when I need brakes (and before winter and the squeal set in)will get ceramic pads and better rotors...
Interesting...

Do you think you just weren't use to the revs climbing as fast and that might have been the cause of the clutch burning? Because of your shifts and rev-matching was off? But your clutch is all good now, right?

And you owe it to yourself to get the Eurocode short shifter. Trust me, you will be amazed at how much better it feels than stock. PM me if you ever have any questions about what settings (throw, height, etc.) to set it to.
brooklyn86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:37 AM
  #8
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 160
Default

Originally Posted by brooklyn86 View Post
Interesting...

Do you think you just weren't use to the revs climbing as fast and that might have been the cause of the clutch burning? Because of your shifts and rev-matching was off? But your clutch is all good now, right?

And you owe it to yourself to get the Eurocode short shifter. Trust me, you will be amazed at how much better it feels than stock. PM me if you ever have any questions about what settings (throw, height, etc.) to set it to.
It could have easily been user error...I'm not a trained 'track guy'/haven't tracked this car....but...I'm generally pretty decent at watching the revs..who knows. Either way, the smell was a 1-2 month thing.
There is no need for me to use Dynamic mode at all..the car is now naturally there...thanks for the info on the short shifter...that may be next year's project/budget....
bandersen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:15 AM
  #9
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 154
Default

Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
It could have easily been user error...I'm not a trained 'track guy'/haven't tracked this car....but...I'm generally pretty decent at watching the revs..who knows. Either way, the smell was a 1-2 month thing.
There is no need for me to use Dynamic mode at all..the car is now naturally there...thanks for the info on the short shifter...that may be next year's project/budget....
Man I'm still tossing the idea around and congrats on your upgrades. I'm just so worried about installers, other than those at APR HQs, doing the pulley work for some reason. Anyway, are you saying there's no difference you can tell between Auto and Dynamic?
Foogie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:37 PM
  #10
AudiWorld Member
 
brooklyn86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 114
Default

Originally Posted by Foogie View Post
Man I'm still tossing the idea around and congrats on your upgrades. I'm just so worried about installers, other than those at APR HQs, doing the pulley work for some reason. Anyway, are you saying there's no difference you can tell between Auto and Dynamic?
To be honest, I actually feel I can perform smoother shifts in dynamic than in auto.

Reason being that in dynamic, the throttle response is more consistent, in addition to it being more responsive. After a while, it becomes second nature because the car is performing the same each and every time.

With auto, because it 'dampens' (so to speak) the throttle response, you may get a different feeling each time. Least that is the way I feel.

After a while, though, you start to learn all the different personalities of the car and can drive smoothly under any mode.
brooklyn86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
PainDOC
A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion
10
06-11-2016 11:48 AM
dougpaper
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
10
12-20-2015 04:31 PM
ernestolopez
A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
0
09-30-2015 08:29 AM
PainDOC
A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion
0
09-26-2015 07:32 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:01 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: