S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Best All Season Ultra High Performance Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbell2112
Thanks for the response, do you notice a big difference in the feel of the car between the 2? It is always tough when one has twice the tread life estimate as the other.

I've had a lot of problems picking up road debris with the Continentals. 4 incidents, patched once, replaced once with a tire shaved to 50% of tread, once it didn't penetrate fully and now with a nail and a slow leak. Thinking the all seasons might be a little less permeable to road debris but again don't want to give up too much on the handling...
The DWS06s are 18" and the S-04's are 19", and the Bridgestone sidewalls seem to have a lot less flex, so there is a slightly better ride on the All-Seasons due to that, The Bridgestones are almost worn out after about 22-24k, but I've gotten great life out of them by rotating them every 3-5k and keeping the pressure checked.
I've only had the Contis for one winter and they haven't shown much wear at all yet.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Brand new tire for Michelin. Haven't pushed the traction yet, but ride quality and noise is very good. Bstone S04s are good tires...I've had them on my M3, but they are heavy, almost 5 lbs heavier than some others.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced stock Contis after about 7.5k miles...they were done (and not driven hard). Great summer handling.

Mounted in autumn, DWS 06 worked well in snow (NOT as good as real; snows of course but still good enough in tough conditions...I live in the country and have a long, steep driveway) thanks to Quattro) ...but they are/were nearly new.

Dry and wet road summer handling is decent so far...but not as good as the summer Contis were (of course). DWS 06 sidewall feels softer, but gives nice ride and noise. Tire wear TBD but has to be better than the summer Contis it came with. (but some reviews say they wear too fast..). Time will tell I am not an all out driver these days...but I plan to I will probably install winter tires next year after they are worn some and may get 3 summers out of them.

I echo the previous reviews that DWS is good tire if winter matters (especially supplemented by Quattro) and it is a good value as well.