S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

BJ's Gas

Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BJ's Gas

What is everyones opinion of BJ's gas? Not only for the S4, but also or other cars.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay far far away from it, Seriously you will degrade performance over time. In my q5 i would consistently put WAWA gas in and over time i could noticeably feel a difference in performance. When talking with Audi they asked me what gas i used and they said quite. They cleaned my injectors and now i use Sonoco Premium religiously.

The only reason i know that its bad is i had my q5 for 2 years exactly first year was wawa premium exclusive and they cleaned them 11 months in. After that using sonoco for 13 months without a drop in performance.

All offbrand gas stations get it from the same place. They donot add the detergents in to keep it from gumming up.

Its worth it to spend 8-9 cents a gallon more for top tier gas, only works out to be a $1-2 more a tank around here. With the price of these cars, especially what you paid for your S4 dont mess with the gas. Your engine deserves it. and its not like an extra $8 a month is going to break the bank.

I learned my lesson.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:12 AM
sor
AudiWorld Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

BJ? Is that a local chain? Ben and Jerry's?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sor
BJ? Is that a local chain? Ben and Jerry's?
BJ's wholesale club.

I guess I'm not surprised a discount gas station has a lower quality product. The only name brand gas I have near home are Sunoco, Hess and Mobil. I have been gassing up at a Cumberland Farms (convenience store) for convenience. I suppose I should switch to Sunoco?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Top Tier Gas

These are the brands recommended by Audi:

TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:
USA Canada
76 Stations Chevron Canada
Aloha Petroleum Esso
Chevron PetroCanada
Conoco Shell Canada
CountryMark Sunoco Canada
Entec Stations
Exxon
Holiday Stationstores, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
MFA Oil Co.
Mileage Stations
Mobil
Phillips 66
Quik Trip
Rebel Oil
Road Ranger
Severson Oil
Shell
Texaco
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Tri-Par Oil Co.
U.S. Oil
Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hmmm, Sunoco didn't make the Audi list. That's what I've been using for a few years now, partly for convenience (near work and home). Thoughts on running a tank of Shell or other once a month? I've heard jumping between brands may not be a great idea.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use BJs gas all the time. Premium 93 octane. I've seen the delivery truck there on occasion. Seem to be the same trucks that I see at other stations. Can't tell you that what is inside the tank is the same or different. If you are really worried about deposits forming, a bottle of Techron fuel system cleaner or similar used every 5K or 10K or so should clean up the fuel system. Its not a top Tier gas , but not sure that it is bad for your S4
Old 10-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zulujams
Hmmm, Sunoco didn't make the Audi list. That's what I've been using for a few years now, partly for convenience (near work and home). Thoughts on running a tank of Shell or other once a month? I've heard jumping between brands may not be a great idea.
In my area, Sonoco used to be a no ethenol gas. Now it contains ethanol like most of the others. Probably why its not top tier anymore
Old 10-05-2011, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
In my area, Sonoco used to be a no ethenol gas. Now it contains ethanol like most of the others. Probably why its not top tier anymore
No, on my list in my brandnew a6 Sonoco is on there.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the ethanol, and by 2013 our fuel will be 20% ethanol. Which means even less engine performance

You can think the left side enviro nuts for that one

The closest non ethanol station is 460 miles from me, they are becoming few and far between
Old 10-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Rats! no Arco! lol. Got to find an affordable Mobil, Shell or Chevron with Techron in the next week.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BJ's Gas