S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

BMW X5/M3/S4/RS4 build quality opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neunelf
I have owned 1 Audi and 3 BMW's and to me there is no comparison.

Drives better, engine comparison not even in the same league, BMW far superior!

Did you ever notice that Audi owners always bring up BMW when someone mentions a negative attribute for their cars, while on BMW sites I never see Audi mentioned that much, at least not in the defensive.

Go ahead and crow about an 80K BMW, but what about those 80K RS4's with their gunk laden valves which cannot be fixed?

I am the world's greatest expert on ME! I prefer BMW, you prefer Audi, god bless you, but why feel the need to denigrate someone else s decision? Maybe it is to make your self feel better about your purchase?
LOL. Initially I thought it's a badly written irony... then I think he is for real.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well guys, I've cancelled my S4 order. I'm getting a BMW instead. His logic just can't be refuted.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

bmw's drive better

PERIOD

especially in the snow

and it's more fun because it makes me nostalgic for mario kart, where you spin around in circles from a turtle shell or a banana peel
Old 05-24-2012, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did you ever notice that Audi owners always bring up BMW when someone mentions a negative attribute for their cars, while on BMW sites I never see Audi mentioned that much, at least not in the defensive.

Go ahead and crow about an 80K BMW, but what about those 80K RS4's with their gunk laden valves which cannot be fixed?

I am the world's greatest expert on ME! I prefer BMW, you prefer Audi, god bless you, but why feel the need to denigrate someone else s decision? Maybe it is to make your self feel better about your purchase?
Maybe Daddy should have paid for your education instead of your car.
Maybe you should take your own advice.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I think we have a troll problem. And his or her name is neunelf.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

We own a 2010 X5 35D and a 2012 S4 P+. Love both cars. Wife retired an E46 325Ci which had a noticeably better interior design and quality finish compared to the last two 3 series cars. The X5 is nice I think, plain but good quality interior. Austere I suppose. I recently sat in a 2012 3 series and was very disappointed with the interior. The huge screen looks like an afterthought to me and many materials have not been improved.

I agree with the original post that the X5 hood seems cheap and light. However, driving the car it is anything but cheap and that diesel I6 is incredible. Will be towing the boat with it today.

S4 interiors and finish are amazing. Different class than BMW IMO. Sad to say I sat in a loaded 2012 Kia Optima turbo last week and though it better than BMW interior design. I love both BMW and Audi but I think Audi sales records these past 13 months + is an indicator that they are doing things right in Ingolstadt.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was noticing that some Kias sure look different/better than some of the Japanese/American competition,then I read a post somewhere that Audis styling chief that helped design the latest gen Audis is now at Kia!!!
Maybe that is why the Kia's are looking better!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also forgot to mention on the M3 the front fender,where it meets the front edge of the hood was way off,the little "corner"of the fender was almost 1/4" higher than the hood line! That is what this post was about,BUILD QUALITY,not which cars drives better.