S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Coming off lease for my 2014 S4

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming off lease for my 2014 S4

Hey guys, I'll be coming off my lease in May for my Estoril Blue 2014 S4 which will have about 42K miles on it by then. It's my second S4 and I'm still loving the way it looks and drives, but having been in an S4 for 6 years is making me wonder if I try something new. Any opinions on whether I should buy out the car at the end or consider something new?
Old 01-29-2017, 09:35 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am on my 3rd B8/8.5 S54. I still really love the car. Can't find anything else in the price range that I would buy. Based on my leasing experiences, you can probably buy your current S4 far below market value. Above all, do not just give it back to Audi at lease end if it has equity in it(probable). You can also trade it in if you want another Audi. Unfortunately, in the last 6 months of your lease AFS or VW Credit will make a non VAG dealer pay market price to obtain your vehicle. If you get the Audi dealer to CPO the car, which usally cost about $2k, you may get them to give you the 1.9% financing, but not sure they will. If you don't have another car that you really like, buying the car is your best option. if and when something come up that you do really want, just trade it in. FYI, I have had some interest in the new Corvette and M2. Corvette is just not a good daily driver for me. M2 has no AWD or sunroof which are deal breakers for me. But I could live with the M2 if I had too. But then, I would just as soon keep the S4.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

991 C4? 5 mos and I love it. I don't really miss the s4.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Audis or VWs 4Life
991 C4? 5 mos and I love it. I don't really miss the s4.
Completely understand and I am jealous. but significant cost differential. No?
Old 01-31-2017, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGP
I am on my 3rd B8/8.5 S54. I still really love the car. Can't find anything else in the price range that I would buy. Based on my leasing experiences, you can probably buy your current S4 far below market value. Above all, do not just give it back to Audi at lease end if it has equity in it(probable). You can also trade it in if you want another Audi. Unfortunately, in the last 6 months of your lease AFS or VW Credit will make a non VAG dealer pay market price to obtain your vehicle. If you get the Audi dealer to CPO the car, which usally cost about $2k, you may get them to give you the 1.9% financing, but not sure they will. If you don't have another car that you really like, buying the car is your best option. if and when something come up that you do really want, just trade it in. FYI, I have had some interest in the new Corvette and M2. Corvette is just not a good daily driver for me. M2 has no AWD or sunroof which are deal breakers for me. But I could live with the M2 if I had too. But then, I would just as soon keep the S4.
Great advice. I think that's exactly what I'm going to do. I test drove the M4 and loved it, but not sure it'll be a great daily driver for Chicago. I'm not quite ready to part with my S4 which is such a perfect car in so many ways. Thanks for your advice.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well, that's a curious coincidence...

... Our 2014 Estoril Blue S4 has three months left on its lease (31K miles). It is somewhat attractive to consider keeping it as the prices on B8 aftermarket stuff if falling fast. The car has been bullet-proof, my wife loves it for her regular use, canyon carving and just had its fourth set of tires fitted. The Audi dealer has started calling as they have historically bought out our leases early and quickly sold our previous cars as CPO's (Q5, A6, S5, S5). We are trying to solve the problem of having a second canyon carver with a usable back seat to accompany our RS5, as the S4 back seats are marginal for me. The deals on S6's are really good right now and there are even some leftover S4's out in the retail universe. I am driving other interesting and overlooked cars as well (Chevy SS, Cadillac CTS, 550i M Package).

Choices...

Eric
Attached Thumbnails Coming off lease for my 2014 S4-erin-snake-17jan16.jpg  

Last edited by eric strauss; 01-31-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eric strauss
... Our 2014 Estoril Blue S4 has three months left on its lease (31K miles). It is somewhat attractive to consider keeping it as the prices on B8 aftermarket stuff if falling fast. The car has been bullet-proof, my wife loves it for her regular use, canyon carving and just had its fourth set of tires fitted. The Audi dealer has started calling as they have historically bought out our leases early and quickly sold our previous cars as CPO's (Q5, A6, S5, S5). We are trying to solve the problem of having a second canyon carver with a usable back seat to accompany our RS5, as the S4 back seats are marginal for me. The deals on S6's are really good right now and there are even some leftover S4's out in the retail universe. I am driving other interesting and overlooked cars as well (Chevy SS, Cadillac CTS, 550i M Package).

Choices...

Eric
Would a Macan S or GTS work for you. And as far as having the Audi dealer buying out your lease early, that would benefit them more likely than you . Most Audi leases have equity well before lease end. If theyare just taking your car back without giving you money or putting money toward a new lease they are taking advantage of you.

Last edited by DrGP; 02-02-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for the input...

Yes, when I returned my A6, they put in $1700 additional cash. The reason that I often end up turning in early as I get restless to try something new... I know, its a bad habit.

Yes, the Macan is very interesting. The former sales rep that I got four of my cars from is now at the Porsche franchise and we have remained close. The deals on Cayennes are actually better and the GTS is pretty capable. I love the Macan more that the SQ5 which I keep test driving because the deals are so good.

This weekend is another chance to explore...

Eric
Old 02-03-2017, 07:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by eric strauss
Yes, when I returned my A6, they put in $1700 additional cash. The reason that I often end up turning in early as I get restless to try something new... I know, its a bad habit.

Yes, the Macan is very interesting. The former sales rep that I got four of my cars from is now at the Porsche franchise and we have remained close. The deals on Cayennes are actually better and the GTS is pretty capable. I love the Macan more that the SQ5 which I keep test driving because the deals are so good.

This weekend is another chance to explore...

Eric
No bad choice there. What type of deals are you finding ?
Old 02-03-2017, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I love my Macan Turbo and you can find some nice deals on both new and used... I got my 2015 as a CPO with 4K miles last spring for around 75K, it stickered at over 93K and they added SE after, so close to 96K MSRP... Very fun to drive, handles well, is pretty fast(went 11.71 in the 1/4 with just Cobb tune, still much slower than the S4 which went 11.25), killer looks, great interior, and incredible fit and finish... Of course I kept my S4 and TTRS as well... lol

Quick Reply: Coming off lease for my 2014 S4