S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

December deliveries for NA

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B8 Phantom S4
Yeah, I'm really hoping for an early Christmas present, but I don't wanna get my hopes up just yet.
+2
Old 11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kyee
I'm in SF as well, looks like our cars might be on the same boat. I'm really hoping I get the car before Xmas...
Wow, cool! Another Bay Area S4. I've counted 4 on here (soon to be on the roads) now: phantom black, meteor gray, ice silver, and brilliant red.

Nice that they're all unique too!
Old 11-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Tim
AudiWorld Member

I've got an Ibis / Black/Magma Stainless coming on 12/21 to SF. Well, San Jose technically.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tim
I've got an Ibis / Black/Magma Stainless coming on 12/21 to SF. Well, San Jose technically.
Wow, so far one of every color. We just need a sprint blue, imola yellow, deep sea blue ... haha I think it's really cool that the car is as "rare" as it is. Beemers and Mercs are as common as pigeons in a park.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chris
Wow, so far one of every color. We just need a sprint blue, imola yellow, deep sea blue ... haha I think it's really cool that the car is as "rare" as it is. Beemers and Mercs are as common as pigeons in a park.
This calls for a photoshoot.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Chris
I have Deep Sea Blue covered for the area. Though I opted for Euro delivery and won't be picking it up (in Germany) until mid-January, so it won't be here until late February at the earliest. The wait is excruciating.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:14 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Which car is yours
Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2009, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Renark
I have Deep Sea Blue covered for the area. Though I opted for Euro delivery and won't be picking it up (in Germany) until mid-January, so it won't be here until late February at the earliest. The wait is excruciating.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm in the "final countdown" now though. My ship is scheduled to arrive in San Diego on the 23rd. Once it leaves the port, it's a quick truck ride up here! I'm scheduled for delivery in the week of the 7th.

I CAN'T imagine that clearing customs and trucking up to NorCal would take FOURTEEN (that was worth spelling out) days! So ... maybe a few days before the 7th then.

I'm having a difficult time containing myself! lol
Old 11-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
She's pulling into port at Bremerhaven now

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...0&type_color=7

My SA will be trying to get the ship name and details to confirm for me tomorrow
Are S4s loaded in Bremerhaven? I know A4s are loaded in Emden. I thought I read somewhere that the S4s were using an A4 production line, so I would have guessed they'd be ship loaded at the same port as well. Right now the Cosmos Venture is in port at Emden, and it has been to Houston recently... maybe that is the ship you're looking for?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have had ships tracked from both Emden and Bremerhaven loaded with S4's. Upon asking the dealer, they said that the volume of cars coming out of Germany would overrun one port's capabilities, so it's a crap shoot which it will ship from - they load them onto rail cars, which can hit either city in a day's time.

Great tracking website eh? Tracked it down to the exact slip it's in (obviously a car carrier now).

Could be the Cosmos as well. Looks like they typically use 2 boats to serve 2 ports US side.

Last edited by NWS4Guy; 11-19-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Quick Reply: December deliveries for NA