AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/)
-   -   Decision, Exclusive color or not (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/decision-exclusive-color-not-2831293/)

NHman 08-07-2012 07:21 AM

Decision, Exclusive color or not

So I will be ordering a new S5 (yes I know this is the S4 forum) and of course one of the toughest decisions is color. I was going to go with the ECB but the Sepang Blue has caught my attention. I know it's an individual choice but I wish that I could see one in person. The question, has anybody gone through the debate of whether spending the $2.5k for an exclusive color is worth it?

On average, how much time is added to the delivery by going with an exclusive color?

Comparing the ECB to Sepang, it's "only" a $1.5k adder.

I have had the safe colors of black, white and gray and want something a bit different.

9Schnell 08-07-2012 07:33 AM

Yes. I had this debate and spent the $2,500.
Hopefully I'll get it in October... I was told it "could" add 4 weeks or so.

Flipflops365 08-07-2012 08:21 AM

I didn't debate on it at all, I just went ahead and did it. $1000 over the life of the loan really isn't that much. Assuming I get it next month it will have added about a month to the time.

What color did you get 9Schnell?

Flipflops365 08-07-2012 08:23 AM

And by $1000, I meant $1500. Still not that much over the life of the loan.

EBCS4 08-07-2012 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by NHman (Post 24332403)
So I will be ordering a new S5 (yes I know this is the S4 forum) and of course one of the toughest decisions is color. I was going to go with the ECB but the Sepang Blue has caught my attention. I know it's an individual choice but I wish that I could see one in person. The question, has anybody gone through the debate of whether spending the $2.5k for an exclusive color is worth it?

On average, how much time is added to the delivery by going with an exclusive color?

Comparing the ECB to Sepang, it's "only" a $1.5k adder.

I have had the safe colors of black, white and gray and want something a bit different.

I am having this same dillema, on my S4. I have not seen either color in person but going on pictures Sepang is brighter and IMO sportier. I really like EBC as well. From what I have seen from the order guide, a custom color can add up to 6 weeks to original 3 months.

When I asked my dealer about it, they said a total of 6 months wait. I ordered my car last month in EBC and its looking like it might be too late to change it. Its def a personal preference on how light of a blue you want.

9Schnell 08-07-2012 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Flipflops365 (Post 24332431)
I didn't debate on it at all, I just went ahead and did it. $1000 over the life of the loan really isn't that much. Assuming I get it next month it will have added about a month to the time.

What color did you get 9Schnell?

I ordered Imola Yellow, you?

Flipflops365 08-07-2012 11:24 AM

Nice! Imola Yellow is a great color. I ordered Suzuka Gray. My order didn't seem all that delayed, I wonder if it's because the color is currently offered on the TTRS.

9Schnell 08-07-2012 01:00 PM

Suzuka Gray is dope!
My co-worker has it in an S5. Super nice for sure. His got held up at port for 4 weeks a year or so ago.

Toecutter 08-07-2012 01:46 PM

For me to spend $2500 extra for a custom color it would have to be markedly different from the available choices. In other words, I wouldn't do it for a slightly lighter shade of blue, slightly darker shade of red, etc. It would have to be something that screams, "LOOK AT ME!" such as bright orange or lime green with gold metal flake.

I saw a 911 drive by the other day with a tangerine orange exterior that I'd never seen before on that era of 911. It was head-turning.

Example: https://www.audiworld.com/news/10/re...rides-nick-s5/

GoNavy 08-07-2012 04:26 PM

I have a Sprint Blue on order and it does add time to the order process. For me, I couldn't resist the color ever since I saw it and I didn't want to "settle" on a standard color - especially since you'll see the outside color for a LONG time! It was well worth the price and added wait time and I can't wait to take delivery (hopefully mid/late October)