S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

FI: A4 Allroad S-tronic B8 gearbox jerking and clutch slipping

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 10:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI: A4 Allroad S-tronic B8 gearbox jerking and clutch slipping

Hi,

I have an Audi A4 Allroad Quattro MY2010 with 7-speed S-tronic (0B5 7-Speed Dual Clutch in my understanding)

There have been some problems with the gearbox and Audi service diagnosed that the dual clutch was worn and it was replaced. After that they diagnosed that mechatronics should be changed also. Now both have been changed but I have a feeling that still it's not working as it should. I don't have another car with the same gearbox to test drive and compare but I'll try to find one to make some comparison.

So far after repairs I have noticed at least:
- Now and then when driving rpm's randomly jumps strangely, mosty after/before gear change. No big jumps but I can notice them by looking the rpm needle.
- When slowing down so that rpm's drop <1000 and then accelerating again, the RPM's jumps near 2000 rpm before car starts to accelerate. After that rpm's comes down a little bit (200 rpm) and then continues to increase again as supposed. Maybe the clutch is not engaged fast enough and that's why rpm's jumps and drop when engaging properly?
- Sometimes when accelerating RPM's won't increase steadily
- Sometimes when changing gear RPM's jumps just before the change
- Kicks few times now and then when driving/changing gear/starting to drive
- Manual mode changing down is rough
- When driving steady speed RPM's variate back and forth about +/- one needle width
- When driving steadily downhill and then takin foot off from the pedal, RPM’s drop fast little and then jumps up again. I'm wondering if this could be just loose in the axles.

Here is a video after slowing down and accelerating again. RPM's jumps to near 2000 and after that car starts to accelerate and rpm's drops 200 rpm and increases then again. Then just before changing to 3rd gear rpm's jumps a bit before coming down as expected.

My car was at the dealer for the last week to do some test driving. They said that it's not working as it should but their findings were not as severe as mine. They want to take the gearbox out and do some measurements and check if the new clutch pack would have a manufacturing defect etc.
There wasn't any error codes found.

Are re th any recommendations what to ask them to check before putting the gearbox back? Now that it will be taken off it would be nice to check out every possible problem before putting it back.
Thanks

- Jouni
Old 12-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGP
There is no one home in Audiworld. Post the same in Audizine if you want some responses.
Thanks for the suggestion! I actually had already done that https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...arbox-problems , but quite little responses there too.