S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Possible MMI Issue: BlackBerry Z10 Recognition

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible MMI Issue: BlackBerry Z10 Recognition

Hi folks. A co-worker at the office is having an issue with his 2010 S4. He is able to pair his BlackBerry Z10 with MMI, but is not able to access the Outlook contacts on the device. He does get some contacts from Facebook/Linkedin, but not Outlook/Exchange (our corporate email). Would a MMI update likely fix this, since the Z10 is a fairly new device?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ABCarr
Hi folks. A co-worker at the office is having an issue with his 2010 S4. He is able to pair his BlackBerry Z10 with MMI, but is not able to access the Outlook contacts on the device. He does get some contacts from Facebook/Linkedin, but not Outlook/Exchange (our corporate email). Would a MMI update likely fix this, since the Z10 is a fairly new device?
I have a 2011 S4 and a Q10. No issues with any of my contacts. Can you verify on the device that he can see the exchange contacts? Has he created links between the different accounts? (Facebook, Linkedin, Exchange, etc)
Old 07-08-2013, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TO407S4
I have a 2011 S4 and a Q10. No issues with any of my contacts. Can you verify on the device that he can see the exchange contacts? Has he created links between the different accounts? (Facebook, Linkedin, Exchange, etc)
Is your Q10 BES-controlled? His Z10 is, and as such the Exchange contacts are server-resident. I haven't seen his Z10 or the car, but he tells me that the MMI option to load phonebook is greyed-out. It used to work seamlessly with his old Torch, which makes me question the MMI level.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine is BES controlled as well. Has the company deployed BlackBerry Balance? This allows work and personal to be separated. Also allows them to stop data from being passed between the two work spaces. (contacts, calendar, emails)
Old 07-08-2013, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

Mine only works with contacts stored in the phone. The car can't look up outlook contacts stored on the enterprise server. After all that could potentially be thousands of contacts. You could use the "add all" feature on your phone to add everyone to the local address book on the phone and then sync then if you absolutely must have your entire company directory in your car.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Bobby Kinstle
Mine only works with contacts stored in the phone. The car can't look up outlook contacts stored on the enterprise server. After all that could potentially be thousands of contacts. You could use the "add all" feature on your phone to add everyone to the local address book on the phone and then sync then if you absolutely must have your entire company directory in your car.
He's not trying to download the full corporate address book, just his personal contacts, which are resident on the Z10 and in his corporate Outlook (synched by BES/BDS).
Old 07-09-2013, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ABCarr
He's not trying to download the full corporate address book, just his personal contacts, which are resident on the Z10 and in his corporate Outlook (synched by BES/BDS).
You stated that his personal contacts are located in his corporate outlook. Can you confirm if BlackBerry Balance has been setup on the device? This is a secure perimeter that can disallow you access to share contacts, calendar, and email.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

2013 S4 and Q10 here. No problems seeing my Outlook contacts in my MMI with my device set to the Work perimeter. Am BES controlled. It just worked for me after pairing, I didn't have to set anything special on the car or on the Q10. Good luck!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have BB Balance as well, but its not stopping my contacts from being shared. Let me know if your still having the issue and I can see if I can help...
Old 07-09-2013, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

I have a BB Q10 and it automatically pulled my corporate contacts from my corporate controlled Outlook. The Q10 automatically shared the contact Outlook list with my S4 MMI through Bluetooth connection. Works well.

Have you checked for BB software updates? I just did a BB software update.

Quick Reply: Possible MMI Issue: BlackBerry Z10 Recognition