S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

:: ECS Tuning :: B8 S4 H&R Street Performance Coilover System

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default :: ECS Tuning :: B8 S4 H&R Street Performance Coilover System

Your German-engineered Audi transcends the conventional limitations imposed on typical performance cars. These vehicles spend hundreds of hours on the world's most famous test tracks, challenging the most talented and devoted automotive engineers.

Only a company that shares this passion for moving the limits of performance higher can successfully contribute technological innovations to this caliber of automobile.

H&R has dedicated almost four decades to suspension engineering. 100% German made, H&R Performance Suspension Kits deliver race-inspired driving dynamics to your vehicle.

Transcending the Limits

Click HERE to order or for more information

Fits:
Audi B8 S4 (2010+)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason
Old 02-22-2015, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason, I have questions about the ride quality. I'm looking to lower my s4 but want it to ride like stock... Maybe 10% stiffer. No bounce nothing crazy
Old 02-23-2015, 06:34 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by Waaazooo
Jason, I have questions about the ride quality. I'm looking to lower my s4 but want it to ride like stock... Maybe 10% stiffer. No bounce nothing crazy
Coilovers will definitely ride a little firmer than OEM suspension. Ride quality highly depends on how low you have them set. If adjusted within their average lowering spectrum you should experience rather good ride quality. But below the recommended adjustment you may have to sacrifice some ride quality.

I hope this helps!

Jason
Old 02-24-2015, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Jason,

Several questions here....

1. The ad states "Street Performance", are there other types?
2. Are the springs used in the coil over system in the ad linear or progressive?
3. Are there different spring rates we can choose from?
4. I noticed that the dampening are fixed for the system advertised in this ad, are there other systems that allow for dampening adjustments? Rebound/Compression?
5. Would you recommend camber/castor plates? ***I'm new to Audi and AWD, perhaps it's not camber/castor plates for Audis but something else that performs similar....

Thanks.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:56 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by safetywork
Jason,

Several questions here....

1. The ad states "Street Performance", are there other types?
2. Are the springs used in the coil over system in the ad linear or progressive?
3. Are there different spring rates we can choose from?
4. I noticed that the dampening are fixed for the system advertised in this ad, are there other systems that allow for dampening adjustments? Rebound/Compression?
5. Would you recommend camber/castor plates? ***I'm new to Audi and AWD, perhaps it's not camber/castor plates for Audis but something else that performs similar....

Thanks.
1. H&R also offers the RSS+, which is a motorsport quality suspension as well as the Ultra low, which is for customers who really want an aggressive drop from their suspension

2. Springs are progressive

3. No different spring rates you can choose from unfortunately

4. The RSS+ is dampening adjustable

5. Due to the suspension design of Audi's camber/castor plates cannot be used. Although other remedies such as adjustable control arms that can be used to dial in camber.

I hope this helps!

Jason
Old 02-25-2015, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Jason, your answer most definitely helped. Just starting to shop around for "stuff" now that I'm out of warranty. My S4 is my daily driver but I also enjoying an autorcross or two when I have time. I also attend track events (1-2 times/year). Want something that works, not looking to slam the car to the ground for looks. I ran with Bilstein PSS9 a while back but found they didn't control body motion that well and made the switch to KW Variant 2 which I was happy with. Are there other products that you would recommend? Again, I'm new to Audi (came from a long line of M cars, for your reference).
Old 02-25-2015, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Thanks Jason, your answer most definitely helped. Just starting to shop around for "stuff" now that I'm out of warranty. My S4 is my daily driver but I also enjoying an autorcross or two when I have time. I also attend track events (1-2 times/year). Want something that works, not looking to slam the car to the ground for looks. I ran with Bilstein PSS9 a while back but found they didn't control body motion that well and made the switch to KW Variant 2 which I was happy with. Are there other products that you would recommend? Again, I'm new to Audi (came from a long line of M cars, for your reference).
If you liked the performance from KW's they also have applications for your S4. They have V1's V2's and V3's.

V1's being your basic height adjustable coilovers, V2's are height and dampening adjustable, and V3's are height, and double dampening adjustable to really dial in your suspension.

As for other products what else would you be interested in, we have a bunch! I'll be happy to help!

Feel free to PM me as well.

Jason
Old 02-25-2015, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Jason,

From my understanding, based on the design of the coilover systems and design of the S4, once installed you can't really reach the adjustment **** (for dampening). I believe there are systems where you either use an app on your smart phone or servo motors with controller inside the vehicle to make adjustments. I rather manually (mechanically) make the adjustment than going the more complex route of either using servo motors or phone app. Can you confirm and make recommendations? Thanks....

Last edited by safetywork; 02-25-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Jason,

Suspension is on the priority list for now. Probably a good idea to do the coilover and adjustable control arms at the same time right? Hopefully save some labor cost? I'm assuming doing the control arms would mean an adjustment too....
Old 02-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Jason,

From my understanding, based on the design of the coilover systems and design of the S4, once installed you can't really reach the adjustment **** (for dampening). I believe there are systems where you either use an app on your smart phone or servo motors with controller inside the vehicle to make adjustments. I rather manually (mechanically) make the adjustment than going the more complex route of either using servo motors or phone app. Can you confirm and make recommendations? Thanks....
You would be correct as most you need to remove the shock.

But the H&R RSS+ have the adjuster on the bottom of the front shock as well as near the top on the rear shock. These both should be able to be accessible with out removing the suspension. You still will more that likely need to remove the tire though or at least have the vehicle on ramps/jackstands.

Jason

Quick Reply: :: ECS Tuning :: B8 S4 H&R Street Performance Coilover System