AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/)
-   -   Just ordered a 2013 S4! (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/just-ordered-2013-s4-2826631/)

Smith837 05-11-2012 03:44 AM

Just ordered a 2013 S4!

Hi all,

Just ordered a 2013 S4 and wanted to share the deets:

Phantom Black Pearl Effect exterior
Black/Lunar Silver interior
Prestige
S-tronic
Sports differential
Adaptive dampening suspension
Fine Nappa leather
19" 5-segment-spoke-design
Stainless Steel Mesh inlays (with piano black instrument panel surround)
Wheel Lock Kit
Audi Guard all-weather floor mats and trunk liner

ETA late July. :)

The big changes for me from my 2010 S4 are the exterior/interior colors, and the addition of the adaptive dampening suspension. Curious what others think. I'm going from an Ice Silver/Black Silk Nappa car (and several other prior autos with the same color combo), to a dark exterior and light interior -- daring moves for me. Also, my current S4 has sport diff, but not the adaptive dampening suspension. For those with full ADS experience, any thoughts?

I did NOT check the box for the "Driver Assist package", which would add adaptive cruise control and dynamic steering. Good move to leave this out? I never need or use cruise control, but don't know whether dynamic steering would be a good thing or not-so-good thing to have? If anyone has logged time in a car with dynamic steering, I'd appreciate your take.

Thanks in advance for input! Will continue to share more as things progress...

PS: I would have gone with the "Black Edition" trim package, or even just the 19" wheels from the TI package instead of the potato peelers, had these been options for 2013. :(

Tech_KO 05-11-2012 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Smith837 (Post 24298660)
Hi all,

I did NOT check the box for the "Driver Assist package", which would add adaptive cruise control and dynamic steering. Good move to leave this out? I never need or use cruise control, but don't know whether dynamic steering would be a good thing or not-so-good thing to have? If anyone has logged time in a car with dynamic steering, I'd appreciate your take.

PS: I would have gone with the "Black Edition" trim package, or even just the 19" wheels from the TI package instead of the potato peelers, had these been options for 2013. :(

I too opted to skip the Driver Assist Package on my 2013 Order. I really wanted the Dynamic Steering but not at the expense of total control. My car won't be a commuter car so ACC had no value. Stop and Go is cool, but I never want any type of system that can intervene like that. Plus with a manual I'm not sure how it could ever be as effective as on a automatic.

I'm really bummed about the lack of Ti Package as well. But that's how it goes I guess. . . .

sendmeone 05-11-2012 05:37 AM

Are we talking about July 2012 for the delivery? If so, I might be doing a serious upgrade from my crashed, hack-fixed 2012 S4.

Stereodude 05-11-2012 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by sendmeone (Post 24298696)
Are we talking about July 2012 for the delivery? If so, I might be doing a serious upgrade from my crashed, hack-fixed 2012 S4.

If his order just went in, late July is probably pushing it, but cars will be in the US late June / early July. Mine is scheduled to hit the dealer the week of July 9th.

dmbcrew36 05-11-2012 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Stereodude (Post 24298713)
If his order just went in, late July is probably pushing it, but cars will be in the US late June / early July. Mine is scheduled to hit the dealer the week of July 9th.

Hmm I need to call my dealer. I put my order in right when the order guides came out. I haven't heard anything regarding timeline.

sendmeone 05-11-2012 06:52 AM

If that is the case of the cars arriving to the US in July, then I think I might have to call my friends and make a change of vehicle.

Fabio Corsi 05-11-2012 07:01 AM

I changed my order from a A4 to a S4 P+ last saturday and the ETA is the same (10-12 weeks - that's last week of july)

The longest wait of my life!!!

Smith837 05-11-2012 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by sendmeone (Post 24298696)

Yes, July 2012. In general, the first 2013s should be arriving in June 2012.

Smith837 05-11-2012 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Stereodude (Post 24298713)

I would agree with this, although I was able to snag one of my dealer's first allocations, which had already been in the system a few weeks, but was (is) still able to be modified. Admittedly, late July is optimistic, and early August is possible. I'm OK either way.

DrGP 05-11-2012 08:50 AM

The biggest difference for you will be how much more attention the black car will need to keep clean VS your current S4. I saw a black a5 the other day, and had to mentally remind myself, "Do not buy another black car". 5 are enough. But they do look great for about 15 minutes after they are washed.