S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Just Purchased Sprint Blue 2011 S4

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 06:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Purchased Sprint Blue 2011 S4

You can skip story if you just want pics 😁

I have an 01 A4 that I've owned for the last 4 years. I love it and wanted an S4 but it was always out of my budget. But my job changed and things have been good. So for the last 3 or 4 months I've been looking at b8 s4's and looking particularly for a sprint blue one.
When I was a teenager, I coveted the Nogaro blue S4. So Sprint blue was my ideal color. I saw a total of 4 of them throughout the time I searched in a 500 mile radius of northeast PA. 2 of those had over 100k miles. And 1 of them with 47k miles sold in 3 days before I could get anyone on the phone. This one popped up a week later with 70k miles and I jumped on it. Granted, it does not have ADS or Sportdiff..but it is in really nice shape. No mods, clean inside and out, under the hood is just clean enough so I know it wasn't only cleaned by the dealer, but was just clean when it came in.
I drove about 150 miles to go and test drive it. Seeing it up close in person sealed the deal. Especially since on the way I stopped and looked at a phantom black with all the options for the same price that was just a disaster. Every rim curbed the whole way around, poorly cleaned blood stains on the white alcantara (this was enough for my wife to say no way) and it didn't feel like a good car on the test ride. Plus smelled musty. The Sprint blue with black alcantara on the other hand felt solid and looked pristine. I decided I can live without ADS and Sportdiff.
So I made the plunge and picked it up with a 2 year warranty. First time in my life I've been able to afford a car I REALLY wanted. Super happy with it so far. Will post more pics later on after I wax.
Dealer photo 1
Dealer photo 2
Dealer photo 3
Dealer photo 4
Dealer photo 5
Was pleasantly surprised by how nice and clean it is under the hood.
Gets alot of looks and comments at the office.
Some reflection after step 1 wash. Going to wax later today. Can post some more pics after. Will also post some interior.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobsMods
You can skip story if you just want pics ��

I have an 01 A4 that I've owned for the last 4 years. I love it and wanted an S4 but it was always out of my budget. But my job changed and things have been good. So for the last 3 or 4 months I've been looking at b8 s4's and looking particularly for a sprint blue one.
When I was a teenager, I coveted the Nogaro blue S4. So Sprint blue was my ideal color. I saw a total of 4 of them throughout the time I searched in a 500 mile radius of northeast PA. 2 of those had over 100k miles. And 1 of them with 47k miles sold in 3 days before I could get anyone on the phone. This one popped up a week later with 70k miles and I jumped on it. Granted, it does not have ADS or Sportdiff..but it is in really nice shape. No mods, clean inside and out, under the hood is just clean enough so I know it wasn't only cleaned by the dealer, but was just clean when it came in.
I drove about 150 miles to go and test drive it. Seeing it up close in person sealed the deal. Especially since on the way I stopped and looked at a phantom black with all the options for the same price that was just a disaster. Every rim curbed the whole way around, poorly cleaned blood stains on the white alcantara (this was enough for my wife to say no way) and it didn't feel like a good car on the test ride. Plus smelled musty. The Sprint blue with black alcantara on the other hand felt solid and looked pristine. I decided I can live without ADS and Sportdiff.
So I made the plunge and picked it up with a 2 year warranty. First time in my life I've been able to afford a car I REALLY wanted. Super happy with it so far. Will post more pics later on after I wax.
Dealer photo 1
Dealer photo 2
Dealer photo 3
Dealer photo 4
Dealer photo 5
Was pleasantly surprised by how nice and clean it is under the hood.
Gets alot of looks and comments at the office.
Some reflection after step 1 wash. Going to wax later today. Can post some more pics after. Will also post some interior.
Great color, and looks great with Rotors.

First order of business is to get all that used car dealer advertising crap off the car, and replace the V6T badges with a set of Red Supercharged badges.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Nice! I had a sprint blue 2011 S4 with rotors that I sold back to my dealer with about 70,000 miles on it, in order to pick up a nogaro blue 2015 S4. My SB 2011 had the panda interior with the sport diff. Great car. I'm sure you'll love this one.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. Yeah, I have to get the dealership ad stuff off. And speaking of the badges..I already had 4 people say "It's got a turbo?" Definitely need the supercharged badges! I don't need the front plate in PA, So I'll take care of that as well. Eventually may do the Alpine nav/Bluetooth stereo upgrade as well. Exciting stuff.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by docevg
Nice! I had a sprint blue 2011 S4 with rotors that I sold back to my dealer with about 70,000 miles on it, in order to pick up a nogaro blue 2015 S4. My SB 2011 had the panda interior with the sport diff. Great car. I'm sure you'll love this one.
As I was reading this I was thinking "Do I have his car". Until you said panda and sport diff.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations! Love that color!
Old 09-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I took off all of the dealer logos and spray painted the license plate holders matte black for a temporary fix. But definitely need a delete kit for the front plate. I was thinking of doing the carbon fiber delete kit, carbon fiber side mirror, and something on the back..maybe the spoiler lip or at least the back license plate holder.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsMods
I took off all of the dealer logos and spray painted the license plate holders matte black for a temporary fix. But definitely need a delete kit for the front plate. I was thinking of doing the carbon fiber delete kit, carbon fiber side mirror, and something on the back..maybe the spoiler lip or at least the back license plate holder.
I have a suggestion. Purchase a new filler plate and have it painted sprint Blue. Did that with both my Brilliant red and Phantom black b8 S4s. I think it looks great and just finishes the car. https://www.audiworld.com/g/picture/1085569. https://www.audiworld.com/g/picture/1576881
Old 09-13-2017, 06:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Really nice DrGP! I agree. I can do Sprint blue with the two horizontal lines done in black to match the blacked out grill. Your pics really do it justice.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I ordered the black license plate delete kit from ECS..along with a sun visor clip that I broke on day 2 of ownership. Funny enough, My wife broke the passenger sun visor clip on my B5 A4. So as we were out and about I said "Hey honey, Just be extra careful with the sun visor clips on this one because I've read that they are brittle and break like a candy cane on this car as well". About an hour later I broke mine. She got a good laugh out of that one.

Anyways, I probably should start another thread on this but I noticed there are quite a few threads on this issue and even though this question was asked in the threads, no one seemed to answer definitively. I purchased a 2 year, 27.5k mile 3rd party warranty from the dealership when I purchased the car. It is from ProGuard and is there level 3 warranty named PG3 . I paid a cool 3k for the warranty. I thought it was a bit much but I hammered on about wanting the mechatronics covered since its a 3 to 6k fix according to what I've seen on the forums. So they tried to give me a level 1 warranty at first and I told them just remove the warranty and I would purchase my own. Then they came back with a level 3 warranty...So I accepted.

I should have spent more time going over it though. At this time I had been at the dealership for about 5 hours and we hadn't eaten...So I was beginning to get to the point of OK I'm hungry and getting irritated and want to leave already. So now looking at the warranty more closely its doesn't mention transmission on level 3. It mentions it on level 1 and 2..then skips 3..and mentions again on level 4. On level 4 it mentions advanced transmission - electronic switches, solenoids, flywheel, flexplate, transmission mounts. So I guess my concern is that the mechatronics unit is considered an electronic switch/solenoid on the transmission and is not covered under my warranty. Has anyone had a situation where they had to try to get the mechatronics covered by a 3rd party warranty. If so what did they consider it? If it's not covered I may just call up the warranty company and ask for the pro rated refund as I should be able to get back about 2800 or so of my 3000.

Quick Reply: Just Purchased Sprint Blue 2011 S4