S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

keyless entry problem..

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyless entry problem..

i've been searching and can't seem to find an answer, but my wife changed the battery in her key fob a couple weeks ago in her '10 S4 and ever since then the doors won't automatically unlock when approaching the car as it used to do, but the trunk still unlocks and the push button start works as well with key in pocket. this is the only key she has besides the plastic emergency key, i tried one method to reset it i found by locking the car with key fob button and mechanically unlocking it with the key within 60 seconds, but that didn't do anything. i know there is a "central locking" menu in mmi but that doesn't seem to have any options to turn on/off the keyless part unless there is another menu to do so? i suppose it could be the sensor in the door handle, but it's pretty coincidental it stopped working after changing the battery. i tried removing the battery from the fob and reinstalling it just in case that might do something but it didn't..... would appreciate any advice, thanks!
Old 10-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VONBOTTLE
i've been searching and can't seem to find an answer, but my wife changed the battery in her key fob a couple weeks ago in her '10 S4 and ever since then the doors won't automatically unlock when approaching the car as it used to do, but the trunk still unlocks and the push button start works as well with key in pocket. this is the only key she has besides the plastic emergency key, i tried one method to reset it i found by locking the car with key fob button and mechanically unlocking it with the key within 60 seconds, but that didn't do anything. i know there is a "central locking" menu in mmi but that doesn't seem to have any options to turn on/off the keyless part unless there is another menu to do so? i suppose it could be the sensor in the door handle, but it's pretty coincidental it stopped working after changing the battery. i tried removing the battery from the fob and reinstalling it just in case that might do something but it didn't..... would appreciate any advice, thanks!
A visit to your dealer may be in order.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm sure your fob has lost synchronization with the car.
Perhaps this helps: Audi remote key is inoperative - Automotive Service Professional
If not, I agree with DrGP that you might be able to seek out a dealer to help re-synchronize your key to the car.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Keyless Entry

Hi.. If I activate the long code for keyless entry in kessy will that then allow me to open the doors with the key in my pocket on my A4 avant V6 tdi B8? Thanks