S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Adaptive Suspension - Or Not

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive Suspension - Or Not

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and recently ordered an S4, Monsoon Gray, S-tronic, sport diff and adaptive suspension. My plans are to add the Stasis 'Touring' package which includes springs and a stouter rear stabilizer bar.

I'm on the fence as to whether I should remove the adaptive suspension from my order. Information I've been able to gather is that with the adaptive suspension Audi provides a smaller rear stabilzer than with their standard suspension. Then Stasis would be providing larger than the Aud standard. What effect might this have on ride and handling?

Any advice or information is appreciated.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NJBill
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and recently ordered an S4, Monsoon Gray, S-tronic, sport diff and adaptive suspension. My plans are to add the Stasis 'Touring' package which includes springs and a stouter rear stabilizer bar.

I'm on the fence as to whether I should remove the adaptive suspension from my order. Information I've been able to gather is that with the adaptive suspension Audi provides a smaller rear stabilzer than with their standard suspension. Then Stasis would be providing larger than the Aud standard. What effect might this have on ride and handling?

Any advice or information is appreciated.
If the touring package only replaces the springs and stabilizer, then that won't affect the ADS since those are the shocks. If you skip ADS, you'd be better off getting coil overs. If you keep ADS, most people tend to get HR springs (3 different kinds/ride heights) and eurocode uss front and rear stabilizers.

Welcome to the club, you're going to love the new car. I'd suggest checking out Audizine.com as well, lots of information over there.

Last edited by Joe85STi; 03-16-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by NJBill
...My plans are to add the Stasis 'Touring' package which includes springs and a stouter rear stabilizer bar...
My car has the exact setup that you're contemplating, and I think it's about perfect - improved handling and stance while maintaining an OEM-like ride and adjustability.

However, comma, strange things seem to be happening at STaSIS right now, so you may not have the option of buying from them in the future. Check out the B8 S4 section on Audizine for what few details seem to be out there at this point.

You do have other options such as H&R for suspension mods, so perhaps it won't matter.

I'd keep the ADS myself regardless, FWIW.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the quick replies and info. I will see what I can find out re: Stasis. The car is still probably 10 weeks away, so I have time to do more research.