S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Looking to purchase an S4

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase an S4

Hello All!

I am new to the forums here but not exactly new to Audi. I've owned a 2011 Audi S4 before and absolutely loved everything about it. I had to let go of it about a year ago but I would love to get into a newer one. With my 2011, I had a few issues; nothing that I was not able to work out but I just want to avoid having problems going forward.

Looking to get a 2014 to 2016 Audi S4. Are there any problems I should watch out for? Any advice in shopping for the right vehicle would be appreciated.

I was looking more so to get into a 2016 but they're quite a bit more expensive than what I would like to spend now although they would have more warranty left on them, especially if I get something with Audi CPO.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers!
Old 02-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheElevendude
Hello All!

I am new to the forums here but not exactly new to Audi. I've owned a 2011 Audi S4 before and absolutely loved everything about it. I had to let go of it about a year ago but I would love to get into a newer one. With my 2011, I had a few issues; nothing that I was not able to work out but I just want to avoid having problems going forward.

Looking to get a 2014 to 2016 Audi S4. Are there any problems I should watch out for? Any advice in shopping for the right vehicle would be appreciated.

I was looking more so to get into a 2016 but they're quite a bit more expensive than what I would like to spend now although they would have more warranty left on them, especially if I get something with Audi CPO.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers!
Its all good. You know all about these cars already. Newer models are just like the 2011 but with a few upgrades and bells and whistles. Driving experience is the same. Don't worry about the warranty. But if you want to waste your money, you can always buy and extended warranty.There is a guy named Troy who sells the same warranty as Audi dealer offers at a discount. Can give you a contact number when you need it. BTW, I threw away $ 2700 for a warranty that never needed to use. My 2011 6MT has 80k and running like a top. I had some oil consumption. Bought the car with 49k. Replaced the PCV valve and the oil consumption is now negligible . Do this. Go onto autotrader,com. Use advanced search. Put in the parameters you want. Then get the best one you can find with the lowest mileage,the options you need to have in a color combo that you like.You cannot order a used car to your own specs. .Be prepared to travel to get one. They are still in demand and not plentiful. B9s are not a huge upgrade. BTW, the quintessential B8 S4 has Nav, B&0 and sport dif. All other options are gravy but nice to have,
Old 02-11-2018, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Here’s what I went through when I bought mine.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi DrGP,

Thanks for the info. I am definitely using AutoTrader and keeping an eye on the market daily to find the right S4 for me even if it is a bit further.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jaxkewl
Here’s what I went through when I bought mine.

https://youtu.be/awPL_4Y3KFk

Very nice and helpful! Thank so much!
Old 02-14-2018, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I went through the same thing buying a 2013 P+ 6MT in black. I was flying 900 miles to go find this one because it had a good price and really clean service records. I called around and found a guy who does Pre-purchase inspections and has worked on and sold VAG cars for 30+ years. He met me at the dealer, spent about an hour looking over everything, checking battery voltage, coolant system, brakes, suspension, the whole 9 yards. For $100 bucks, I couldn't have asked for more from him, he even broke out the black book and helped me with price and how much I should ask off the dealer price.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Snowmonkey
I went through the same thing buying a 2013 P+ 6MT in black. I was flying 900 miles to go find this one because it had a good price and really clean service records. I called around and found a guy who does Pre-purchase inspections and has worked on and sold VAG cars for 30+ years. He met me at the dealer, spent about an hour looking over everything, checking battery voltage, coolant system, brakes, suspension, the whole 9 yards. For $100 bucks, I couldn't have asked for more from him, he even broke out the black book and helped me with price and how much I should ask off the dealer price.
I recommend when you do your first oil change, you capture some of your used oil and send it to a lab for analysis work. it will tell you a lot about the previous state of the engine oil.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jaxkewl
I recommend when you do your first oil change, you capture some of your used oil and send it to a lab for analysis work. it will tell you a lot about the previous state of the engine oil.
They had changed the oil and topped everything up before I bought it unfortunately. Still a good idea, thanks! any suggestion on a trustworthy lab?