S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

MMI issues, please, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI issues, please, need help!

Hello all Audi lovers,

Hopefully this shouldn’t be anything too tricky.I’ve managed to get my MMI online using a router with a 4G dongle connected to the AMI port in the glove box.I have Audi Connect with weather etc. and also have online destinations within Nav. Great.I am getting stuck with google & online traffic, I have a google logo in the bottom right corner of my screen but doesn’t load and when I try to activate online traffic it reports it can’t connect.Within nav, I have map options: standard, google or traffic. Standard and traffic can be selected but google is greyed out.I’ve been in the Green engineering menu and can see GEMMI (Google Earth) isn’t installed, any idea where I can get this from?I’m running out of ideas guys. My system is:
System: HN+_EU_AU3G_K0942_3 / 8R0060884ED ECE 6.24.2I’ve been doing some reading; would anyone know whether I can just run the GEMMI folder / script extracted from a stock 0942 firmware folder?

Quick note: I’m from the UK and the car is a 2014 S4 Black edition, just so you know and I’m not loading incompatible updates with my cars location and current setup. No SIM slot.

I believe I already have the 0942_3 firmware installed but for some reason GEMMI wasn’t installed. I got the MMI details from: MMI Setup / Version

Would it be the case of putting the contents of the GEMMI folder into root of an SD card and insert once the MMI in my car has fully booted? I’m assuming once the SD card goes in, it will automatically load the GEMMI contents missing from my current FW to help load Google Earth….. in a sense patching it I suppose?
Another question, how will I know it is completed or even started?If that isn’t the case, will I need to do the whole FW update again even though I already have it….. I’m also I’m not sure the FW 0942 I have found is the same as my 0942_3 I have in my car already, I don’t really want to roll the FW back.

Apologies if I seem overcautious and I am repeating questions asked previously. I’m treading carefully as I’m sure you can all appreciate I don’t want an Audi bill to sort this out if it goes wrong.

As for the Online traffic I’m no further forward, it won’t activate so not sure what to do there

Hopefully I will here from someone soon.

Thanks again.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Already done