S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Need any opinion on seats quickly...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need any opinion on seats quickly...

Hi all, ordering a new car and have everything pinned down except deciding on red or silver seat insert colors on an Ibis white car. Anyone have any opinion on either looks of these two seat color choices, upkeep, anything? I think they both look good and can't make up my mind. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My personal choice would be the silver. I think it's less gaudy and also less BMW M3.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Picked up a 2011 black with red/black interior. After 50 k miles it looks good as new. Big plus with the red/black is you then get red stitching on steering wheel and all other stitching. No bad choice here but based on my experience, dark colors are easier to keep clean.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
Picked up a 2011 black with red/black interior. After 50 k miles it looks good as new. Big plus with the red/black is you then get red stitching on steering wheel and all other stitching. No bad choice here but based on my experience, dark colors are easier to keep clean.
+1 to this. It's a bit easier to clean the marks left on the seat when you/passengers wear denim.

The red stitching is a nice touch as well.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawaspen
Hi all, ordering a new car and have everything pinned down except deciding on red or silver seat insert colors on an Ibis white car. Anyone have any opinion on either looks of these two seat color choices, upkeep, anything? I think they both look good and can't make up my mind. Thanks.
Just to confirm, is this Alcantara seat inserts or are you considering the full Nappa leather seating? As for the Alcantara, I had the silver on my older S4 and while I liked it at first, I got a bit tired of it. I know this is definitely a personal preference type of thing but on my new S4 I opted for the full Nappa in black and glad I did. Sure it may be a bit sterile for some, but personally I like it better as it stays cooler in the summer. Ironically I found the cloth got hotter which is the opposite of what I expected. Fortunately I was able to confirm this when test driving both types on a hot day. The cloth is a lot harder to keep clean as well, particularly silver. To each his own, you can't go wrong with either one.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the all black leather too and I love it. You still get the contrastint stitching, but in white as opposed to red. It's really nice looking and feels great.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Another one for the red/black seats. They make the interior feel special and a bit unique...sort of like the S4 is in the A4/S4 lineup. The red stitching is also very nice and high-end looking.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

I went with the all black Alcantara and I'm really happy with it but you can't go wrong with either one and the dark ones are much easier to keep clean.

One thing I'm really hoping for with the next generation S4/S5 are ventilated seats. I'm in Georgia and the cooling is much more important than the heated seats. Just saying...
Old 06-23-2014, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm sure all our responses did little to answer your original question! (I have silver alcantra myself).
I'm glad Audi offers plenty of choices.
Good luck on your choice!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like the contrasting color inserts but agree on the maintenance versus having all black Alcantara. I think the nappa leather looks great in either style.

Quick Reply: Need any opinion on seats quickly...