S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Obsessing over color

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obsessing over color

Obsessing over color!
Before I order (if possible) or have the dealer search the country, I'd really like to see a 'Spint Blue S4' in person. At this time, there appears to be none anywhere close to my local dealer; Cascade Porsche/Audi Cuyahoga Falls, OH.
Up until a few weeks ago I was planning on going with Quartz Gray, even though I felt the color seemed kind of dead compared to that of the other vehicle I had been considering (bmw 135i /Space Gray).
Any suggestions as to where I might "sneak a peek" of one in the 'Akron/Canton/Cleveland' area, without seeming crass ?
Old 03-24-2010, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RASBORA
Obsessing over color!
Before I order (if possible) or have the dealer search the country, I'd really like to see a 'Spint Blue S4' in person. At this time, there appears to be none anywhere close to my local dealer; Cascade Porsche/Audi Cuyahoga Falls, OH.
Up until a few weeks ago I was planning on going with Quartz Gray, even though I felt the color seemed kind of dead compared to that of the other vehicle I had been considering (bmw 135i /Space Gray).
Any suggestions as to where I might "sneak a peek" of one in the 'Akron/Canton/Cleveland' area, without seeming crass ?
Sorry, I ordered the "dead" Quartz gray! LOL I do have a 00 Nogaro blue S4 which IMO is very close if you want to check that out for comparisons.... I am in Concord Ohio(eastside of Cleveland-30 minutes from downtown) and have no problem if you come see the car. Have you checked Fred Baker and Sunnyside? I know Stoddard doesn't have any.... later Ron
Old 03-24-2010, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Go custom with Porsche Atlas Grey Metallic
Old 03-24-2010, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Funny you should say that!..... I almost jumped off the deep end a few months ago and bought a atlas gray caymen!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by primetime
Sorry, I ordered the "dead" Quartz gray! LOL I do have a 00 Nogaro blue S4 which IMO is very close if you want to check that out for comparisons.... I am in Concord Ohio(eastside of Cleveland-30 minutes from downtown) and have no problem if you come see the car. Have you checked Fred Baker and Sunnyside? I know Stoddard doesn't have any.... later Ron
Nogaro is NOTHING like Sprint blue. If you like the Nogaro, which I do, and expect sprint to be similar, you MAY be dissapointed. All I can say that, having seen Sprint Blue in person, is that it looks like the pictures . bright medium blue metallic.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Baker has a black and a red. The red is beautiful.... in an arrest me now kind of way. It is also loaded and a manual. Not that I sat in it 600 times!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
Nogaro is NOTHING like Sprint blue. If you like the Nogaro, which I do, and expect sprint to be similar, you MAY be dissapointed. All I can say that, having seen Sprint Blue in person, is that it looks like the pictures . bright medium blue metallic.
That is your opinion.... IMHO they are close.... and yes I have seen 2 of them in person.... identical NO but much closer than you are saying. Just trying to help a local guy out, he can make whatever decision he wants! later Ron
Old 03-24-2010, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by supraman66
Baker has a black and a red. The red is beautiful.... in an arrest me now kind of way. It is also loaded and a manual. Not that I sat in it 600 times!
Nice... still debating I see.... pull the trigger I will let you know when I get mine(late May/early June) and you can check it out/drive it if you want.... that is if you haven't bought one yet! LOL later Ron
Old 03-24-2010, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RASBORA
Obsessing over color!
When I was carshopping a few months ago, their online inventory was so sparse that I wondered if they were going out of business (I bought at Baker and had a good delivery experience). What's Cascade's inventory like now?
Old 03-24-2010, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I think Sprint Blue and Nogaro are pretty close DrGP. Check pic.

Bruce

Quick Reply: Obsessing over color