S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Order placed/interior question, current availability observation

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order placed/interior question, current availability observation

Have placed my car order. Turns out going with the Prestige requires very little else to suit me:

Monsoon/Prestige
sports diff
rear side airbags

Leather: I wanted the brown inserts, but they aren't available in the US. Anyone have good pictures of the magma interior? I would like to add the contrast over all black but there are limits.....The brochure pictures make it look screaming, with pink overtones.

Also, my dealer did a search on cars that he might get via trade. He said there are no unsold S4's in production or transport. The first ones in the queue that are unsold are due to arrive the last weeks of October.

Does this sound correct? I'm skeptical, because I got several thousand off msrp, and if there aren't any cars to be had you'd figure there wouldn't be any discounts. OTOH, people are saying there are only 3 cars in all of Atlanta......
Old 07-23-2011, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gmermel
Also, my dealer did a search on cars that he might get via trade. He said there are no unsold S4's in production or transport. The first ones in the queue that are unsold are due to arrive the last weeks of October.

Does this sound correct? I'm skeptical, because I got several thousand off msrp, and if there aren't any cars to be had you'd figure there wouldn't be any discounts. OTOH, people are saying there are only 3 cars in all of Atlanta......
The cars are in high demand but I managed to negotiate $900 over invoice for a 2012 and $500 over invoice for a 2011. It's just a matter of finding a motivated dealership, I think.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gmermel
Have placed my car order. Turns out going with the Prestige requires very little else to suit me:

Monsoon/Prestige
sports diff
rear side airbags

Leather: I wanted the brown inserts, but they aren't available in the US. Anyone have good pictures of the magma interior? I would like to add the contrast over all black but there are limits.....The brochure pictures make it look screaming, with pink overtones.

mind if i ask which dealer you went to? because I just (well, 7/12) ordered my '12 in Atlanta and my delivery date is end of September for the order...