S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Perhaps I should have opted for the S4, not A4 - will the dealer let me make a change

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perhaps I should have opted for the S4, not A4 - will the dealer let me make a change

I've worked out an arrangement to get my very first Audi, a 2010 A4 Prestige with S-Line package.

The dealer from which I purchased the vehicle had to arrange an exchange from another dealer. The transport is about to happen this weekend and the vehicle will be ready for me to pick up on Tuesday.

I was originally looking for an S4 Prestige but ended up going for the aforementioned A4 because A4 Prestige are hard to come by. I wanted to close things out this year because of the new car tax credit from the IRS which ruled out me ordering the vehicle.

I'm now having second thoughts

Do any of you think it's too late to make a change to my plans and will the dealer be open to it? My hunch is that it's probably too late but wanted some feedback/opinion from the community.

Is there anything I could offer the dealership to incentive me getting the S4 instead of the A4? Perhaps willing to pay very close to sticker?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm thinking you can back out anytime you want. At least thats how an order works. I put a $500 deposit down, and if the car comes and I don't want it. I get a full refund of my deposit and I am not obligated to buy. I don't see why it would be different for a dealer trade, but I could be wrong.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you signed papers already if not tell them you don't want the car you want the s4. They are there to provide a service to YOU so grow some and tell them what you want.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I did place a deposit on the vehicle and filled out paperwork (sale order, financing, etc ..). They filled out paperwork as to what is is they 'owe' me.

Nothing has been officially submitted because clearly the vehicle was to be transferred. Now they made mention that the paperwork would have to be re-run when the vehicle arrives. The current round of paperwork indicates that the vehicle only has 10 miles on it. Would I have an out if the vehicle's mileage is not 10 miles?

I really don't want to walk away, that not my intention. I think the S4 is my true calling and I've come to realize that now. Perhaps there are some things not worth settling for.

I appreciate the feedback.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

You can change your mind. Deal not done until you drive off the lot. If you buy a S4 from the dealership they will probably make more money. Talk to your salesman and find a S4 you want to buy, hopefully from their stick.
Good luck.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I an sure they will let you get the s4 like the previous post said they will make more on the s4. Let us know how things work out.
Originally Posted by maudi09
I did place a deposit on the vehicle and filled out paperwork (sale order, financing, etc ..). They filled out paperwork as to what is is they 'owe' me.

Nothing has been officially submitted because clearly the vehicle was to be transferred. Now they made mention that the paperwork would have to be re-run when the vehicle arrives. The current round of paperwork indicates that the vehicle only has 10 miles on it. Would I have an out if the vehicle's mileage is not 10 miles?

I really don't want to walk away, that not my intention. I think the S4 is my true calling and I've come to realize that now. Perhaps there are some things not worth settling for.

I appreciate the feedback.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You don't need an "out". Until you actually buy the car and take it home, you can walk, period, no questions asked. Just tell them you want an S4 instead, but make sure they know you're going to shop around for the best deal, lest they stick it to you on pricing if they think you're captive.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep you all posted as to what happens.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Definitely get the S4! I picked mine up today and I absolutely love it. Man, she REALLY wants to sprint everywhere we go.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stolky
make sure they know you're going to shop around for the best deal, lest they stick it to you on pricing if they think you're captive.
This.