S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Picked up my 2012 Monsoon Gray S4

Old 03-27-2012, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think both S4 and S5 look much better in person, but S5 in particular don't photograph well lol.

Originally Posted by Big turbo TT
You got the best looking combo,IMO,the Titanum stuff is the shiz. I think your car looks better than the S5. The S5 looks better in silver and some aftermarket rims IMO.
Have fun,enjoy!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Nice looking car. I just picked up almost the exact same last month. Loving it so far. Looking forward to seeing any mods you do as it comes together.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

After putting 1000 miles on my S4, I need to ask the following:

Are you S4 owners having trouble getting in and out of your vehicles?
I am not that tall and have to put the steering wheel in the highest position to include pushing it towards the dash and THEN set the chair back almost to where the left bolster clears the door?

Another question would be are you comfortable in the seat?
I have yet to find a comfortable position. I have the memory 1 button set, then I play with the chair before driving off.

I love everything else this car offer, but damn. Just curious about other owners. Keep in mind I have a manual...and do those with the automatics have this problem?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MonSoonHell
Are you S4 owners having trouble getting in and out of your vehicles?
I am not that tall and have to put the steering wheel in the highest position to include pushing it towards the dash and THEN set the chair back almost to where the left bolster clears the door?
Yes.

I also have to adjust it to the highest position possible, but the steering column still bumps against my knee when I try to get out of the seat.

Also the seat position makes it hard to get out, maybe because it's a bit further away from the door & ground compare to my last car.

What do you guys think?
Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MonSoonHell
Another question would be are you comfortable in the seat?
I have yet to find a comfortable position. I have the memory 1 button set, then I play with the chair before driving off.
No.

I haven't found a position that works.

If I have to pin down to it, I think it's because the side bolstering on the seat bottom are too thick and hard for me. (I am quite a big guy.) Also my arms could easily get tired from holding the steering wheel.

Maybe time to hit the gym for me.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I program #1 for my driving position and when I park i have #2 programmed to put the seat back and down to make it easier to get in and out. If you open the door, just tap the #2 button and seat goes back automatically. Hop out. when you get back in, sit down, tap #1 to go back to your preferred driving position
Old 03-31-2012, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by johnz
Well, I program #1 for my driving position and when I park i have #2 programmed to put the seat back and down to make it easier to get in and out. If you open the door, just tap the #2 button and seat goes back automatically. Hop out. when you get back in, sit down, tap #1 to go back to your preferred driving position
Yeah, I did have the number 2, programmed for that. Unfortunately that was the easy setting..3/4 all the way back. I am trying to get comfortable with where I have it set, but I wear boots when driving to and from work, so the seating position becomes different, as opposed to wearing regular shoes.

And WOW! I have asked these questions on other forums and receive the same feedback.

I may wait for the S7 and **** off wifey...LOL!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also, what I am finding out after comparing my brother's S5 to the S4, is that we do not have the option of the Headlight Washer Spray.

I actually laughed when my brother showed me the feature, cause it sprayed more than just the headlight. My brother did not know he had it, until he was driving at night and hit the button to clean the windshield and noticed that fluid was coming up from the front of his bumper.

Gimmicky...perhaps! Your thoughts?
Old 03-31-2012, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have the headlight washers on previous cars and I think it's a gimmick. Keep the car clean and the washers become (almost) useless. Yes, those washers also over-sprayed the headlights.

I prefer the clean look vs. the cutouts for the washer jets.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thought I would revive my thread. If you are wondering what a stock 2012 S4 6MT does on a dyno...well yesterday it happened to MonSoonHell. Only look at the Horsepower..not the Torque. Unless I really have a one of a kind from the factory...LOL!

1st and 2nd runs were in 4th gear. 3rd run was in 3rd. Hmmm..do I go with STaSIS or APR...decisions decisions..

Last edited by MonSoonHell; 07-28-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Picked up my 2012 Monsoon Gray S4